Twenty Two

[i made 18 today 💕]

*Niall's POV*

Wednesday I got up and I had a positive attitude. I had no choice. It was either that or live a sad and unhappy life but honestly I'm constantly too much of a happy person to be depressed unless I'm going through my days where nothing was positive. Nothing I was doing, the love for myself or anything.

But anyways I put my things on and I left out for school. Zayn was already gone. He always leaves the house before me. It was getting colder so I was going to start asking Zayn for a ride or my mom.

When I got to school I rubbed my hands together and blew my breath into them. I then took off my coat putting it in my locker and then grabbing my books going to class.

I walked in and Zayn was sitting where we would normally sit so I sat next to him.

"Hey Niall." He said.

"Hey Zayn." I said giving him a slight smile.

We didn't say anything to us and the lesson started. "Can you let me know something?" He asked me.

"We're friends. I'm going to try to make my relationship work with Harry but no more touching. Hugs are okay but nothing else. No flirting either. And I know I've said it multiple times before that anything you do that is more than platonic I'll let you know. Because things are different now." I said his eyes looked a little sad.

"Niall I didn't want this to happen." He said.

"We look at things totally different. I think the more I spend time with the person I can see a relationship with the more I like them and the more I would want to be with them. You just like to spend time with people and that's fine. But that's why more than a friendship can develops between us. I appreciate that you finally opened my eyes." I said.

"I don't want you to be unhappy." He said.

"But you cant want my happiness the way I do. And I'm not unhappy Zayn. I'm enlightened. I've been rejected. You don't keep making advances when someone says no. So I'm just moving on. We're still friends and we will forever be." I said.

"I'm sorry." He said.

I looked at him. "There's nothing to be sorry about. I'm not giving you an ultimatum Zayn. It's not like I'm saying we can't be friends anymore unless I'm your boyfriend. I'm just saying we can still be friends without the luxuries of things that boyfriends do. It's not a choice you make. You don't want to be boyfriends, I don't want to be friends with benefits so that only leaves us to be friends. And just friends." I said.

"I'm going to process this." He said and I smiled at him.

"Good." I said.

My phone vibrated and it was a text from Harry.

Harry: hi, love umm I was checking on you because I know it's none of my business but Liam told Louis who told me you guys had an argument and I was just wondering if you were okay. ❤ -H

Me: I am fine, thanks for checking up on me. Let me know if you want to go out this weekend though.

"What's your favorite ice cream?" Zayn asked me as I put my phone back in my pocket.

"Green tea, chocolate, cinnamon, I like mostly all except coconut and strawberry." I said.

"Can we get ice cream after school before going to study." He said.

"It's winter." I said.

"Not yet plus I see nothing wrong with eating cold stuff in the cold. It's a bit counterproductive I guess but who says you're enjoying the ice cream to stay warm. What if you just don't want to stay warm but to just have ice cream." He said and I laughed.