Epilogue

Six Months Later

"Are you sure that's what you want to do Hope?"

"I'm sure. The attorney that came to see us said that Philip had not put any of my father's property in his name. And according to my father's will, any assets would be left to me. Since my father signed a betrothal contract, the state of Georgia is declaring me his next of kin since he has no other known family. We really don't need anything, so I think we should sell everything and give half of the money to the orphanage in Savannah. I want to take one quarter of the money and invest it for our children, and the other quarter, I want to give to Faith."

"If that's what you want to do, then that's what we'll do." Levi said wrapping his arm around her shoulders giving them a light squeeze. They were sitting on the settee enjoying the peace and quiet of the evening. Earlier the entire family had all gathered after dinner. Harold had bounced Emma on his knee as Mason crawled around on the thick rug while Faith read to Ellie.

Now, all the children had been tucked in and both Harold and Faith had gone up to their rooms as well. They had put out all the lamps the only light was from the warm amber glow of the fire as it greedily devoured the logs it had just been fed. The flickering light was almost mesmerizing. "I know that Faith said she saved the money she'd inherited and almost all of her quarterly allowances, but even that isn't enough to live on for very long. She's not going to want to live with us forever, although I don't mind if she does. The more the merrier. She's such an independent person. I know! We can build her a house like we did with Tuck and Claire." Hope sighed deeply. Claire was expecting, so she was no longer working for them and she missed seeing her friend every day. They tried to have lunch at least two to three times a week.

"Are you all right Hope? Levi asked, his voice full of concern.

"Yes, I'm fine." She nodded then nestled closer to him, laying her head on his chest. She loved the comfort she got by just listening to the steady thrum of his heartbeat. "It's still so hard to believe it's all over. We don't have to look over our shoulders anymore, worried that Philip will be around every corner."

"He'll never be able to hurt anyone ever again. Oh, this is changing the subject. But, I got a telegram from John today. You know that his mother married the sheriff, apparently they always loved each other but didn't know the other one felt the same way. Anyway they're expecting in about six months. You'll have to remind me to tell Faith, I know she'll be happy for them."

"That's so wonderful! I know they are so happy."

"You know Love," Levi said as he nuzzled her neck and ear, instantly sending chills of excitement and anticipation coursing through her. "The twins are almost nine months old. Don't you think it's time we started working on having a few more?"

She looked up into her husband's slate blue eyes that had gone dark with passion. "Well, I'm not certain we need any more right now, but I sure do love practicing with you." Hope said slightly breathless. That was all the encouragement Levi needed. He growled and stood up with her cradled in his arms as he headed towards their bedroom, taking the steps two at a time.