ten -- meet my brother

chapter ten of

heart eyes

"I'M HOME! WITH SOME FRIENDS

"I'M HOME! WITH SOME FRIENDS.." VENUS TRAILED OFF, looking around the house which seemed empty until her brother's head poked out behind a wall.

"Since when?" He asked as Venus laughed lowly. "Ha ha, how funny." She said slipping out of her shoes as the boys came inside, minus Ben and Eddie. So it was only Stanley, Richie and Bill.

Jace pursed his lips together looking at the boys. "Hi Stan." He said casually before plopping down to the couch as Stanley merely said hi back.

Venus squinted her eyes at him, he was acting weird. As if he didn't care if she just brought boys into the house. Three to be exact.

It was weird because when he found out she was dating Victor, he flipped. Literally, he went insane wanting to know who the guy is, how old, where he lives. But now he was just so.. casual. Why? Venus didn't know.

She raised her brows at the boys as they walked through the hallways, to her room. Richie noticed pictures of her when she was younger with her mom and dad. But the pictures of her mom and dad stopped there.

"Summer's nearing." Venus said rummaging through her closet as the boys awkwardly seated themselves on her bed. They didn't exactly know what to do, it was their first time in a girls bedroom. And it was weird.

Later on Bill and Stanley had left just leaving Richie and Venus plus Jace.

"Where's your parents?" Venus looked at him as she pointed up. Seeing that he didn't get it she sighed. "Dead."

"Oh -- I'm sorry." Richie said genuinely as Venus smiled. "Appreciated."

"You know you're not that bad when you aren't.. you know." Venus said as Richie wiggled his eyebrows. "Like what?"

"Like that." Venus laughed at him. She escorted him to the front door as he was about to walk away, "Richie?"

He turned around looking at her.

"Maybe when summer starts, I might go on that date with you." She said and smiled before closing the door, hearing the boy's excited yells as she laughed to herself.

"Hot stuff guy?" Jace asked as Venus nodded laughing.

"Hot stuff guy." She clarified as Jace smiled at his sister. Seemed like Tozier kid actually made her happy unlike Victor.