sixteen -- carnival

chapter sixteen of

heart eyes

"HOT STUFF GUY?" JACE ASKED LOOKING AT HIS LITTLE SISTER'S OUTFIT, as she nodded looking at herself in the mirror

"Is this too much?" She asked twirling around as Jace shook his head placing a kiss on her temple. "You look absolutely stunning, V. Really."

Venus smiled and hugged her taller older brother. "I think I like him. He makes me laugh." She said looking at Jace in the eyes. "That's good. Really."

"Are you sure?" Venus asked once more looking at her reflection. She wore the tiniest bit of make up, gloss and mascara. Her hair neatly in a bun, with a white thick band. A black skirt and a simple yellow shirt tucked under.

"I'm sure." Jace laughed as he sat down to the couch. "Should I intimidate him?" He wiggled his eyebrows as Venus threw a pillow at him. "Does that answer your question?"

The door bell rang as Venus straightened her shirt giving Jace a warning look. She breathed in and out as she opened the door seeing the Tozier boy all neat up. He did look different, without his glasses. His hair was messily in place as Venus looked at him.

"Your glasses?" Venus asked as Richie scracthed his neck nervously. "I just thought I'd try something new. Contacts." He said shyly looking down at his feet.

"It looks great! But, I think I prefer the glasses." Venus smiled as Richie nodded taking in the sight of her.
"Hot stuff, wow." He said as Venus laughed.

They started walking side by side towards the carnival and Venus thought it was so romantic. Until Richie opened his mouth, "So after the date, does it mean we can be together?" Venus frowned mentioning him to continue which she soon regretted, "Because we can make out right? Making out leads to touching, touching leads to hot --"

Venus' eyes widened. "I dare you Tozier!"

" -- sex." Venus hit his arm playfully as he laughed holding his arm. "I know you want to anyway!"

Venus hit his arm again as they went first to the ferris wheel. "Richie." Venus said as she looked at the scenery once it stopped on the top.

"Richi --" She turned to him only to see the dorky boy staring at her. "What is it?" Venus asked franctically wiping her face worried she had something on her face but her eyes widened as she felt something.

Richard Tozier was kissing her.