thirteen -- i stand up for my friends

chapter thirteen of

heart eyes

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" JACE'S VOICE RANG LOUDLY IN THE KITCHEN AS THE EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD BOY, tried to breath calmly

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" JACE'S VOICE RANG LOUDLY IN THE KITCHEN AS THE EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD BOY, tried to breath calmly. "This is not what I mean when I said show them that you're not afraid, V." Jace leaned against the kitchen counter rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"I get a phone call to work, saying tha my, MY littlesister got into a fight." Jace said now looking at the girl who was on the verge of tears. Jace had never, never screamed at her and it scared her a bit.

"So --" Her voice cracked as she cleared her throath wiping her eyes. "So, I can't stand up for my friends?!" She yelled back looking at Jace who was slightly shocked.

"You can. I didn't say that." Jace sighed closing his eyes. "I just don't want you getting hurt, you get what I mean?"

Venus nodded looking down at her feet before leaning on the other side of the counter. "I get what you mean."

"Did you even break her nose?" Jace looked at his sister with a grin as Venus shrugged. "Yes."

Jace laughed as he ruffled her hair messing it. "That's my girl. But no fights anymore, alright?"

"Not even Henry?"

"Okay you can fight him, no one else."