Good bye Buzzfeed

"I promise, mum. Tomorrow at 10am I will be in front of you in all my glory. Now I got to go, I must not be late to work," I was smiling as I showed my ID badge to our security guy John. He waved me to go forward and I returned the gesture.

"I love you too," I bit my lip as I started ascending the stairs in Buzzfeed, feeling kind of nervous.

Two days after I got back to being Kiara Graham I decided to quit my job at Buzzfeed. The only condition I got from my boss was to finish this week and then I was able to leave. By then I was already aware of how easy replaceable we were in this company. Usually an employer would have kept their worker for at least 30 days, in Buzzfeed 2 days were enough to find a replacement. Maybe the situation I was in helped as well.

Today was my last working day here and I would lie if I said I was completely calm about leaving. This place got me everything and even if life had taken its toll later, I was still glad about the opportunity that was given to me. I would start a fresh life in Florida with my mum and brother by my side. But first I needed to say good bye to this part of it.

"Good morning, Kiara," Freddy greeted me in front of our office and blocked me the entrance. 

"Hello to you too," I ran my hand through my hair so it fell down my thin back. "Will you let me in now?" I tried to wiggle around her but she grabbed my shoulders.

"Don't just enter yet," She sighed and turned me around. "Just give us 5 more seconds," The short curlyhead said and hugged me from behind.

"I'm gonna miss you Freddie," I sighed and put my hands on top of her arms. 

"I'll miss you too. But Florida isn't too far away and we can always visit you," She stroked my hair before moving away.

"She can cooomeee!" I heard someone yell and as I turned around I was already crushed by many hugs. There were also balloons touching my face and I could smell candles somewhere far away.

"Oh goood!" I squeaked and a tiny bit of happiness appeared in my stomach. For a moment, I forgot about my divorce and how screwed my life actually was. 

"So since you're leaving we decided to make you a tiny party," Ned popped out in front of me, holding a huge chocolate cake with a candle on. "And this time, I am going to take an honour and wish something for you!" He squeezed his bright green eyes and blew the candle.

"If you say so," I gave him a small smile before Eugene grabbed my right hand, pulling me in a strong hug. He leaned his chin on the top of my head and patted my back.

"You know how much I hate hugs but this moment just called for it," He kissed my hair before another pair of hands kidnapped me from him.

"But you are so not going to Florida looking like that!" It was the boss bitch Kelsey, who happened to be my favourite coworker now. We created a strong bond of partying and drinking together when I still had Zach. I was always there for her and her failed relationships while she was always there for my crying. "It's a make over time, baby," She slapped my ass and handed me a glass of champagne. 

"I'm always up for a glass of champagne," I gulped on it before taking in even more hugs and nice wishes. After a couple of minutes I felt nausea rising up from my stomach and I silently cussed under my breath. 

"You okay?" I heard Keith asking before I ran away to the closest bathroom to empty my stomach. No matter how many times I told myself not to drink alcoholic beverages on an empty stomach I still did it. I gagged to get everything out and calm the sickness down but even a couple of minutes later I wasn't feeling any better.

"Kiara?" A female hand grabbed my hair and bent over. "Finally it's not me puking," Kelsey tried to make a joke and I laughed but gagged immediately afterwards.