Chapter 8

* Farah's P.O.V *

  Cal continues to kiss me, pulling me against his chest. Cal is everything I've ever wanted, and he's finally mine. Nothing could feel more right or more special than being in his arms. I love him, more than words could begin to describe, and he loves me too.

  “Farah,” Cal breathes between kisses, “I love you.” I look into his deep brown eyes.

  “I love you too, Cal.” I reply. He smiles and kisses me again, laying me down against the cool grass. The summer sun begins to set, invisible beyond the tall trees of the forest surrounding the baseball field. Cal continues to kiss me as he pulls his white shirt over his head, exposing his amazing body. I press my hands against his chest as he leans down to kiss my neck. Gently, he pulls my shirt over my head. He is silent for a moment, not moving. He stares at my half naked body, admiration in his eyes. I continue for him, slipping my shorts off and tossing them to the side.

  “Farah, are you sure you want to do this?” Cal asks.

  “Your the only person I would ever want to do this with, Cal. I've loved you for as long as I could breathe.” I reply, gently touching his cheek.

  “I just...I don't want this to happen, and me die soon.” He replies softly, sitting in the grass next to me. I sit up, positioning my self so I am in his lap.

  “Cal, everything is going to be okay.” I say, reassuring him. He laughs softly.

  “How are you taking this better than I am?”

  “Because somebody has to be strong.” He places his hands on my waist and kisses me softly.

  “That's why I love you.” He replies. I smile.

  “Do...do you want to do this?” I blush, not looking at him. I would never of imagined Cal and I would be talking about it.

  He places his hand under my chin and forces me to look at him. “Farah, your beautiful. I would have to be gay if I didn't want to.” I laugh and kiss him, putting every ounce of love into it. Once again he lays me on the soft grass, slipping off his khaki shorts.

  In this beautiful moment we become one, forgetting the world. We no longer think about Cal's life-threatening disease or the fact that he could very well die soon. We forget about our parents waiting for us at home, and most of all, we forget that we ever used to be less than lovers. The moon rises just beyond the dark trees as we display our love for each other.

  It's well past ten o'clock when Cal and I decide to walk home. Cal's hand is warm in mine as we walk along the sidewalk, the moon shining bright.

  “You've really loved me all this time?” I ask.

  “Of course, couldn't you see the signs?” He chuckles.

  “Well, no. I always assumed we would be nothing more than friends.” His face grows somber.

  “So did I. But it doesn't matter anymore because now you know.” I stare up at him, noticing the sadness in his eyes. Tears silently fall down my cheek.

  “But it's too late.” I whisper, staring ahead at my house.

  “Aw, don't say that Farah.” Cal says, stopping abruptly.

  “But its true! Your dying!” Cal wraps me in his arms as I shout the horrifying truth. Cal was dying. He was fading away into nothing right before my eyes. I couldn't stop it, keep him with me forever. That would be defying God, and oh how I wish I knew how.

  “Farah, I start chemo in two days. Its a treatment for  cancer, and it could help save my life. Don't worry, everything will be okay.” I pull out of his arms and look into his eyes.

   “Can I go with you, Cal?” I ask desperately.

   “Farah, I don't know what's gonna happen.” He replies

  “And I don't care. I just want to be with you every second of every moment. I want to kiss you every time I see you, live in the comfort of your arms. Cal I love you so much, and I'm going with you.” He looks at me for a moment before speaking.

  “Okay,” He replies softly. “you can come.”

   I smile. “Thank you!” I shout, wrapping my arms around his neck.

   He chuckles. “Your welcome, but we better get going. Your parents are probably worried by now.” I nod and grab his hand, heading down the sidewalk towards my house.

   Cal drops me off at the front door, leaving me with only a kiss. I smile and walk inside, not expecting my parents to be waiting at the foot of the stairs.

   “Where have you been?”  My mother shouts angrily.

   “With Cal.” I reply.

     “Why the hell were you with him this late at night?” My father questions. I stand there, back against the wooden door. I don't speak, don't move. Silence fills the room, giving me too much time to think about Cal's disease. My eyes fill with tears and I slide to the floor, pulling my knees in close to my chest. All my life I've tried to be strong, never crying in front of someone. But tonight I break down, tears streaming down my cheeks like a river of sorrow.

     My mom comes to me, asking what's wrong. I don't talk, don't dare move. I fear if I open my eyes and get up, it will become reality. Maybe I can just pretend that Cal is okay. Maybe if I sit here long enough, not moving, I can pretend that those fatal words were never spoke, and my Cal will live for a long time. Maybe, just maybe, he can love me forever.