Chapter 9

“Farah! Farah, wake up!” A voice shouts, pounding on my door.

“Go away.” I reply, pulling the covers over my head.

“She won't wake up. I guess you can just go on in.” The voice mumbles. I hear my door open and close again. Someone crawls up next to me and an arm flings over my body. I peek out of the covers at the unknown presence.

“Hi,” Cal says, a smile on his face.

“Cal!” I shout, rolling on top of him.

“Well it's nice to see you too.” He chuckles, kissing me on the nose.

“What time is it?”

“It's about eight o'clock.” He replies, playing with my hair.

“In the morning! Why are you here so early?”

He laughs. “Farah, you can't waist your life sleeping all day.”

“Sure sounds better than waking up early.” I mumble, rolling over on to my side of the bed. He laughs and kisses me on the forehead, yanking the covers off of me.

“Get up.” He demands.

“No,” I pout.

“Fine, I guess I have no choice.” He walks over to my side of the bed and counts to three out loud. I don't move an inch. Cal leans over and begins tickling me.

“No!” I shout between bouts of laughter. “Cal....stop...now.” I laugh.

“Never!” He shouts. “Muahahaha!” He imitates an evil laugh unsuccessfully.

“Fine! Fine...I'll get up!” I reply, pushing him away.

“Great. Now hurry up and get dressed, I have some place I want to show you.” He kisses me before heading out the door.

I smile as I get dressed, loving Cal more and more each day. Quickly, I throw on some shorts and a t-shirt, throwing my hair up in a pony tail.

“Farah, we haven't got all day. Come on.” Cal says on the other side of the door. I open the door, causing him to stagger back a step.

“Okay, I'm ready.” I smile and hop down the stairs. He shakes his head, following close behind.

“Mom I'll be back later!” I call as Cal and I head out the door. Cal grabs my hand.

“Follow me.”

“Cal, where are we going?” I ask as we start down the sidewalk.

“You'll see. Don't worry, I think you'll like it.” He flashes me his bright smile and I cant help but lean up and kiss him.

“I'll never get tired of your kisses.” He mumbles against my lips.

“Good, because I'll never stop offering them.” I smile and pull away, letting him lead the way. We walk in silence for a moment, heading into the trees.

“Cal, please tell me where we are going.” I beg.

He chuckles. “You’re very impatient you know that, Farah?”

“Yes which is why you should tell me.”

“Just calm down and look up there in that tree.” He points at a tall tree in front of us. Up in the tree lays a small wooden tree house.

“What's in there?” I ask.

“Well, let's go find out.” He walks forward and pulls his self up the crooked wooden ladder leading up to the tree house. I hesitate, but follow close behind. Once I reach the top I look around. The tree house is empty, consisting of only air.