Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

[Niall’s POV]

            It only took one ring, before Simon picked up his phone. Harry was still in the hospital. I didn’t want him to stress about us having to tell Simon about us. I know Simon. He is intimidating, but underneath all that toughness is a big, soft, grizzly bear. I’ll soften him up.

            I don’t want Harry to be worried about anything. So, I’m going to go over his house for our little meeting and talk things through. Hopefully he won’t scream.

---

            I asked Louis to tag along because I don’t think I can face the old bear on my own. And, besides, he wanted me to tell him everything that happens at the meeting. It’s better to have him there, so I don’t have to explain the entire thing to him later.

            Louis is driving. I’m sitting here tapping my leg repeatedly with my hands. I’m singing a little song with it too. Just as I was about to come up with a second verse, Louis stops the car. Even though we’re not at Simon’s place yet.

            Confused, I look over to him to see that he is looking at me with a bored expression. “Why are you so nervous? It’s not like he’s going to throw you into a pool of piranha,” Louis scoffed.

            I sighed. “I know. I just don’t know what to expect. I’ve never had to come out to anyone, let alone the man in charge of my career,” I mumbled as I slumped down into my seat. Louis nodded in agreement.

            “I hear ya. Then again, I’ve never had to-”

            He stopped when he noticed that I was giving him the same look he initially gave me. He coughed and changed the subject.  “Anyways, let’s just get this over with.”

---

            “Boys!” Simon had greeted us when we entered his living room. It was a gigantic circle shape with about 3 exit hallways: kitchen, pool deck, and the entrance. His house was ENORMOUS and I always felt so tiny whenever I come here with his high vaulted ceilings. Not that I’m the tallest man in the world myself.

            “Hey, Uncle Si,” I smiled back nervously. “The place looks as fabulous as always.”

            Louis looked at me when I say that “f” word. It slipped out; I didn’t even mean to make it sound gayer than usual.

            Simon chuckled his deep chuckle and took a seat over on his couch. “Thank you, Niall. It always makes me smile whenever you’re nervous,” he smiled, raising an eyebrow. I coughed and took a seat on the couch parallel to his, Louis plopping down next to me. Simon placed down three glasses of water on the center table.