The Red Roses' Thorns

Trinity took Nick's hand and run to a special hidden tunnel, leading them outside from the back of the castle. This was a secret that the little princess had shared with the boy.

They went downtown and enjoyed strolling there. They shopped, they ate, they took rides at the carnival, and where did they got a money from to spend? It was from the diamond accessories of the princess, she sold it to a near pawnshop. She didn't hesitate to do it since she has many fancy and expensive accessories that cannot be counted back at her home.

Nick stared at the princess,who's holding a pink cotton candy on her hand and a candy cane on the other. She felt his eyes on her so she asked politely. "What're you staring at?" Then sweetly giggled.

Nick smiled back. "You're starting to be happy."

She hooked her arm to his then leaned her head unto his shoulder.
She closed her eyes then answered. "Yep. Cause i met my first friend. And ill always be happy as long as I'm with you."

Nick chuckled. "Of course, I won't be going anywhere, I'll just be by your side whenever you needed me, I mean...that's what friends do right?!"

When they went back to the castle, they became suddenly cautious, for they can be caught in action and unfortunately, be scolded with punishment. As they were about to enter the tunnel once again at the back of the castle walls, Nick noticed that the princess was remaining still while staring something above. So he asked what it is.

The princess answered. "Look! A pink rose sprung above the red roses!" She then pointed her finger at the glorious roses that snaked up the walls with their tangled thorny stems.

The boy's eyes followed the direction she was pointing at and was amazed to see a lone fully bloomed pink rose with an unexplainable beauty.

He asked the princess. "Do you want to have it?"

The princess chuckled as she replied to the boy. "Why? Are you planning to climb and get it?"

"if it's for you, I will do it." Said the boy with a serious look in his sapphire eyes.

The princess thought for a moment. She wanted to challenge the boy on how much he would do for his friend, since she want to test him if he's considered a true friend or not, for that's what she thinks of the way in knowing.

"Really?! Then go and get it for me!"

The boy kept his determined look and started to climb the wall, brick by brick. The princess stood there and watched, she can't believe that he followed her request. Maybe he's a true friend after all. She thought to herself. When the boy reached the top, where the pink rose was, he lifted up his left hand and attempted to grab it. Because of his uncomfortable position on the wall, he didn't notice that he was about to touch straight the pink rose's thorns. It penetrated into his delicate skin and blood started to ooze out. In response of the pain, he immediately moved back his hand and tried to hold onto the cracked brick since he was losing his balance with one hand. But the pain was too agonizing to keep his hold. Soon his wounded hand gave up and loses the strength to grip. With that sudden motion, he lost his footing on the brick and left him hanging with his one hand on the right. The princess gasped in the sight of him and was too shock to take action. She was frozen. And that led her to watch the poor boy fell, where he landed on the thorns of the red roses at the ground with a thud. The princess came back to her senses and quickly approached him. The boy was unconscious with his small body covered in thorns and blood. She cried for help and the guards rushed to them, including the boy's father.

Alexavier gently took his son on his arms. "What happened?"

"He...he fell! He fell! It was my fault!" Then the princess burst out into tears.