John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life Ch. 1

Chapter One

Fifty years later

Location: the White House

Character: Caroline Kennedy

Time: 8:21 am

Day: November 19,2013

I opened my eyes to find myself sleeping on the silk mattress President Obama had let me sleep on. My whole body was aching, there was a deep, dull ache in my neck, and my mouth was dry, begging for water. I yawned loudly and tiredly as I stretched. The mattress creaked under my weight.

I stood up, my jaw aching. I turned to look at Edwin, my husband. He was asleep. He looked peaceful in his sleep.

I smiled. I started brushing my hair in the mirror and titling my head, ignoring the massive ache on my side. I quietly walked out on him, leaving him to sleep.

I wandered the halls, my eyes scanning for any people. No, I told myself. It was only eight. Most people would be asleep by now. The White House floor creaked under my feet and I shivered from a enternal chill.

I noticed a photo frame from the corner of my eye. I silently stepped forward and brushed my palm against it. The man was familiar. He wore a black suit with khaki pants. He also had a boyish apparence. He was staring at the floor.

Beneath the photo were the startling words "John F. Kennedy 1917-1963"

My eyes felt immedialty wet and no longer dry. A hard lump formed in my throat and I choked on a sob. My hand stopped the sob from coming out.

"Father," I whispered the name softly. The word felt weird in my mouth, like a new word I had learned. I closed my eyes and leaned heavily on the frame. I shut my eyes to stop the tears from leaking out of my eyes.

They're all dead, I thought bittelry. Half of the Kennedy's killed off by disease and half of them killed by acts of violence.

My eyes watered up at the thought of my brother. John F. Kennedy Jr, who had been killed in a plane crash. His wife, Carolyn, had also been killed. Their bodies had been found weeks later.

I wiped my eyes, feeling my palm smear with my cheek. I swallowed hard.

Gone too soon, I thought silently. I masked my features as I walked away from the photo frame.

In just a few days from now, would be the 50th anniversary of the assassination of my father, John F. Kennedy. To show my emotions about this ceremony, I didn't want to go. I didn't want to be in a crowd who knew all about my father. I would almost seem like an outsider.

The lump in my throat returned and I fought back tears. I leaned against the wall to stop the choking sounds coming from my throat.

Take a deep breath, the voice inside my head instructed. Take a deep breath. And relax.

I did as the voice told me, choking on sobs and pain.

The only living Kennedy's were my cousins. The others had been killed off by the satisfaction of the public.

I had only my family left that I could love.

If those people who killed my father, I thought bittelry, wanted to make me feel alone, they did a good job becuase I'm living miserably without the care of my mother or brother.

But what I didn't know was that my pain and torment was about to go away.

Location: Parkland Hospitial

Character: Unknown

Time: 11: 41 am

Day: November 19, 2013

The rehead with pure green eyes slowly made her way toward the storage room. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness quickly of the storage room. She saw quickly what she wanted.

The body was morgued into a slab so that it could survive. She knew whose body it was. The body of the thought to be dead president: John F. Kenendy.

The former president had been nearly assassinated on a Dallas street by Lee Harvey Oswald, the Goverment had guessed. After the shots had rang out, the limo had rushed to Parkland Hospital, where the doctors had quickly worked on him. The damage to his brain would have killed him but instead the doctors found a solution, accepted by Jackie Kennedy herself. They would freeze him and unfreeze him fifty years later.

Over the years though, the Kennedys had been "dying" off of either disease or bloodshed acts.

The former attorney general, Bobby Kenendy, had been shot and killed in a hotel after trying to be nominated for the Presidency of the United States.

Ted Kennedy had later almost died in both a car crash and plane crash. The car crash had ruined his chances of winning the presidency. He had also cheated on his wife and they had a divorce. He was redeemed as a senator of the United States.

Jackie Kenendy, former First Lady, had started drinking more and more after her husband's "coma". She had smoked more too. The smoking eventually got to her and doctors reported her having lung cancer. Attempts were made to save her life but she died in the end anyway.

John F. Kenendy Jr, finally, had died in a plane crash, years after his mother died. The sky had been dark with clouds before the day of his death. Hours later, they would hear grunts and painful screams as the Prince of Camelot was killed.

She wiped the tears from her eyes and yanked the frozen body off the shelf, her eyes glued to it. She dragged it into a room where several doctors and nurses stood. They had tools in their hands, ready to work.

"All right," she smirked. "Let's get to work."

_____________

Cliffhanger! 😱

The next chapter might have a bit of John F. Kenendy's point of view as he "wakes" up from his coma

Please comment, and like 😘