John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life Ch. 5

Chapter 5

Location: the White House

Character: Caroline Kennedy

Day: November 20, 2013

Time: 9: 21 am

I woke up the sound of someone screaming.

I blinked my eyes open and the screaming grew louder. At first I thought it was me but the scream was too deep for it to be me.

I rolled off my bed, and ran out of my borrowed room. The screaming was louder here. I rushed toward the left wing where a crowd had gathered.

Most were White House maids. But I narrowed my eyes as I spotted Rory Kennedy among them. She was staring at something, her eyes glittering with shock. Most people were screaming and pointing at the screen.

I looked up at what they were screaming and saw a woman on the screen. She had green-blue eyes and blonde hair. She had a dark tan with razor wire teeth. My heart screamed at me, "Danger! Danger!"

I pushed people out of the way, mumbling "Excuse me" and "Sorry". I went up to Rory who was staring at the screen, her eyes shining with shock.

"What's wrong?" I shouted over the yelling.

She yelled back, "Listen, Caroline!" She pulled away and screeched at a Secret Service agent. "Play it again!"

The agent whose name was Blake nodded his head in obidence. He flicked a switch and the tape rewinded.

The tape was fuzzy at first but I could make out words as a woman came in front of the camera. It was the same woman, I noticed. She was smiling evilly. I shuddered inwardly.

"Hello, fellow Americans," she snarled the word out as if it was toxic. "It's so nice to see the people who made me suffer after so many years."

A chill ran up my spine. What did she mean?

The woman continued, "To start with, my name is Fury. My name simply means Anger for short. The Americans and the United States made me suffer and live in poverty." She stared calmly at the camera. "Especially the Kennedys after they tried to regain their power after President Kennedy supposedly died."

What? I was dizzy with emotion. A deep ache spread in my neck. Rory had a scared look on her face.

"Fury" gestured toward the side of the room and the camera shifted. A muffled gasp escaped my throat as I saw John, Tatiana, and Rose tied around three chairs. Rory made a sobbing sound beside me.

My rage exploded.

"No!" I screamed at the screen. "You motherfu****! No one touches my children like that!" I raised my fist and smashed it agaisnt the screen. The glass shattered and I felt blood running down my hand and palm. My hand ached now but rage was taking control of me.

A pair of strong arms wrapped around me. I screamed, an angry furious sound, and I felt Edwin's breath on my neck.

"Calm down." His voice was husky.

I screamed again, my eyes watering. I sobbed, crying into his shirt. Rose's, Tatiana's, and John's faces filled before my eyes. Their smiling faces then it shifted and I saw their faces wet with blood.

"No," I cried into his shirt. "They're dead, Edwin. Fury will kill them. They are dead. They're screwed."

Edwin shook his head. "There's something she wants," he said quietly. "If we find it, she could release the children."

"What would she want?" I asked, tilting my head. "I'm a broken woman. My father was killed off. My mother died years ago and my brother was killed and picked off years ago as well."

"No you're not," Edwin replied softly, laying a kiss on my forehead. I felt like a little kid all over again. My cheeks warmed. "You have me. And the children."

"She has the children though," I said. I swallowed hard. "There's something sinister behind all of this. We have to find out what it is and how to stop it."

Location: Parkland Hospital

Character: John F. Kennedy

Day: November 20, 2013

Time:8: 31 am

Jack slid into his bed, the covers warm, fuzzy and soft. His eyelids drooped. He had stayed awake all night to find information to see what happened to Caroline.

One picture of Caroline haunted him though. She was sitting in a chair, awake and her eyes sharp and glittering. She had Jackie's features, her lips, jawline, nose, face, and mouth. But she had his eyes which were a calm dark green.

Jack had cried softly now when trying to fall asleep. So much had happened since he was gone! One nurse had told him that Bobby had been slain in a hotel and had been fighting for his life but failing tragically in the end. She added that Jackie had died after smoking so much. Little John-John had died in a plane crash along with his wife. And Baby Ted had died of brain cancer in 2009.

Tears leaked out of his eyes. He buried his face into the pillow. His back shrieked with protest but he ignored it. Emotional pain was running through his body.

"Jackie," he whispered the name softly, choking on the words.

He remembered her eyes, dark and brown but filled with love. Her laugh filled his ears. His eyes got wetter as he remembered John-John laughing, then crying as he was hit by a toy. Caroline's voice flecked his ears.

He felt Jackie's lips still on him even if it had been 50 years. She used to kiss him on the cheek.

During the midist of his sobbing, Jack finally fell asleep.

_______________

Poor Jack! 😭

________________

And I feel bad for Caroline too. She has to deal with the agony of being all alone except she has Edwin 💚

_________________

I tried my best when I put in Jack's memories. I don't think I did a good job on it though 😬

_______________

Please comment, and like 😘