John F. Kennedy: An Unfinished Life Ch. 8

Location: unknown

Character: Rose

Day: November 20, 2013

Time: Unknown

I struggled to breath.

The gag was in my mouth as I saw the door open and a young woman about John's age made her way to me.

She was like a cat. And I was the mouse.

I stared at her with anger in my eyes. She laughed. Her laugh showed sinister intentions.

"Hello, Rose," she sneered. "What do you think of my bunker?"

I snarled at her. My teeth showed. She smiled again.

"I forgot," she said in mock sadness. "Here. Let me let you breathe." She pulled the gag from my mouth and I let out a mouthful gasp of air. My heart was pounding. Anger was seething into my heart.

"See?" She gave a cackle. "I told you I'd show mercy."

"Who the f*ck are you?" I asked my eyes narrowing. She smiled again.

"My name is Fury," she said simply. "I already know who you are. No need to introduce yourself."

I laughed. "Pleasure to meet you, Lady Fury."

My sarcasm did not go unnoticed. Her eyes narorwed. A scowl creased her lips. But she didn't attack me though.

"What do you want from me?" I demanded.

She smirked again. That smirk made my body boil with rage.

"Well," she began. "You remember John F. Kennedy, your late pathetic grandfather?"

He is not pathetic, I bit back the snarl of my anger. My eyes flamed at her. She laughed at me.

"He prevented nuclear war," I protested. "That makes him a hero."

Fury smiled coldly. Her eyes were like daggers. "But he made my family suffer. That doesn't make him a great president. He made people live in poverty."

"It wasn't his fault!" I blurted out. Her eyes narrowed. "He tried to make peace for everyone." I paused. "But that isn't the point, is it?"

Fury laughed again. "No it isn't," she replied, her eyes dark with menace. "I wish I could tell you but you wouldn't believe me." She stared into my eyes.

I scowled at her. "I'll believe anything."

Fury sighed mockingly. "If I told you I would have to kill you because I don't want America knowing this secret."

What? Emotion buzzed in my mind. I narorwed my eyes at her. She grinned.

"I'll leave you to think," she told me. "You can die knowing the truth but the secret will die with you or you will know the secret but join my side."

"I'd rather die," I snarled. My eyes took a golden hue of hatred. Fury smiled.

"That's so sweet. Maybe I'll break you first. And then I'll see what's more amusing for you." She paused and winked at me. "You know, Lee Harvey Oswald didn't kill Kennedy. It was someone else. They died years ago without the citizens of America knowing but his legacy lived. Ready to destroy the Kennedy clan no matter the cost."

I stared at her. She was crazy. No, I told myself. I couldn't let this happen. The Kennedy clan was the source of the brightness in the darkness.

Fury laughed and left me in complete utter darkness.

Location: Dallas Texas

Character: Caroline Kennedy

Day: November 20, 2013

Time: 3:51 pm

The coldness of the street chewed at my lips. My insides were jellylike and I felt stares coming from most of then people staring at me.

We were in Dealey Plaza, the place Mother and I had swore would never return.

People pulled back, murmuring and muttering as they saw me. Some shouted a greeting. I swallowed the hard lump in my throat. Pain and anger overwhelmed me.

These people killed your father, Jackie had told me once. I glanced across the street of faces.

A man with pale green eyes stepped forward. He had black hair and muscle stoned his body. He looked nervous.

"Mr. Schlossberg. Mrs. Kennedy," the man spoke soflty. "Welcome to Dallas."

"The City of Hate," I cut him off angrily and bodly.

Muffled gasps spread through the crowd. Edwin gave me a burning look. I ignored him.

The man's eyes flashed. I saw a glint of anger in his eyes. "We are no longer full of hate," he snapped. "We are a proud city trying to survive."

"Proud?" I challenged him. "Killing a President is not an act of proud. It is an act of cowardice and attention. Exactly what Oswald wanted."

The man's lips pulled back into a snarl. He looked ready to attack me, but Edwin stepped in. "Where are the children?"

The man's expression softened. "They went missing. Well, not missing. There's been some trouble we've been dealing with for three years."

"And you never told the president?" Edwin asked.

"No!" The man barked a cold laugh. "The president wouldn't do anything. They are just sick twisted people!" He paused and added, "There are people harming us and the city. We have kept a secret for many years. We haven't told anyone, though. It would cause havoc and disorder. They don't want us to spill the secret out. We eventually will but they don't want to."

"What is the secret?" I snapped. "You've been acting nervous around us and the United States. What are you so afraid of?"

He froze and his lips parted as if to speak. "We can't share the secret with anyone."

"Because you're a coward." The crowd had gone silent at that.

"What did you say?" The man snapped at me.

"A coward," I replied. "That's what you are. You're a coward. Always have been. You put people down."

"I am not a coward," he yelled at me. I didn't flinch. "The secret could destroy you. You and your clan of Kennedys."

"How will it destroy us?" I asked him bodly. "We have faced pain, anger, and distrust of others."

When he spoke, he sounded like an ancient.

"It will break you more than you ever thought. Now I suggest you get out of here before the Shadow Alliance finds you cooping up in here."

Edwin spoke this time. "We're not leaving till the truth comes out."

The people in the crowd looked like a stampede ready to take place. They were panicked. I realized how scared they looked.

"Edwin," I said coldly. "Forget this. Let them suffer. They made me suffer without growing up without a father. Now let's make them suffer."

The cold words felt salty in my throat. Most of the people looked anguished. They stared at me. I stared back at them.

"Wait!" The man blurted out. Everyone stopped. I shot him an angry look.

"What?" I shouted.

His lower lip trembled. "If you want to, I'll show what we've been hiding for 50 years."

I glanced at Edwin who nodded.

"Lead the way," he said.

______________

Caroline can be a bit hostile sometimes but it's not entirely her nature 😂

________________

I bet all of you guys are waiting for the next chapter where Jack meets Caroline 😉

________________

Please comment and like 😀