3: the sewers

* Raven *

I picked a white shirt and jean shorts with my white sneakers.

Richie and I rode our bikes to Eddie's house. 

We arrived and Bill was there too.

Eddie opened the door and let us all in.

- - - - - - - -

Bill and Richie were gathering snacks for the barrens in their backpacks. They were scavenging through Eddie's cabinets.

"Take everything but the delicious deals, my mom loves them. Okay, first you said the barrens, now you are saying the sewers. Wouldn't we get caught?"

"We won't Eds. The sewers are public works. We are the public aren't we?" Bill assures

"Hey Eddie, are these your birth control pills?" Richie says pointing to the containers inside a cabinet above the sink.

"Yeah I'm saving it for your sister. This is private stuff." Eddie closes the cabinet quickly.

"Dude, gross. I don't want to see that!" Richie says squirming.

"I didn't agree to loose my virginity to you Eds. No offense." I say finishing my chocolate bar. "Tell me when and I'll be there." I joked, winking at him.

"Don't screw my best friend, Raven. I don't need little Eddies running around."

"That's what the pills are for." I smacked him upside his head.

"I did not think that come back through."Eddie points to the air, nodding.

"Okay enough of this. Let's go." Bill zipped up the back pack and opened the door.

"Eddie-bear, where are you boys going  in such a rush?" His mom. Of course.

"J-Just my house. My b-backyard. I got a n-new-" 

Richie cut him off, "A new croquet set. Spit it out B-b-Bill." I nodded in agreement.

Mrs. K doesn't really like me. She believes I will get Eddie in trouble. She says that he should stay away from girls. Mostly directly to me.

"Oh okay. Just don't go rolling around in the grass especially if it's freshly cut. You know how bad your allergies can get."

I laughed to myself listening to how overprotective she is.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Eddie sighs and walks over and kisses his mother's cheek. I lightly punch Bill's back to how funny this is. He looks at Richie sternly while he is giggling too.

"You want one from me too Mrs. K?" That is when I had really lost it. Eddie pushes us out the door and apologized to his mother.

"Sorry mommy."

- - - - - - - - - -

We all get on our bikes and pick up Stanley on our way to the sewers. Stanley and I rode in the back so I made small talk.

"Stanley, do you think we could actually find Georgie?"

"I'm not sure." He looked down a while.