9: Discovery of IT

Second update children. anyway thanks for reading this far!! 

_Raven_

We all sat by a large statue next to the activities, "So what? IT just comes out every twenty-seven years from wherever, eats kids and what? Goes back into hibernation?"

"Maybe its like..What do you call it? Cicadas. You know, the bugs that come out once every 17 years." Stan compares.

Mike spoke up after a while,"My grandfather thinks this town is cursed. He says that all the bad things happening in this town are all because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people in Derry."

"But it can't just be one thing, right?" I chime in.

"Yeah. We all saw something different," Stan says.

"Maybe, or maybe IT knows what scares us most and that's what we see." What mike just said made me think of what I saw in my nightmare. I always had the same nightmare since I was little, now that it came back, I knew it was because of IT. 

"I-I saw a leper." Eddie confessed, "He was like a walking infection."

"But you didn't." Stan says, "Because IT isn't real. None of this is. Not Eddie's leper or Bill seeing Georgie, or the woman I-I keep seeing." He looks down at the floor remembering the painting. I recall him telling me about it when he slept over at our house one time. 

"Is she hot?" Richie asks. I hit him once again, this time his arm.

"No Richie, she's not hot!" Richie's face showed disappointment. "Her face is all messed up. None of this makes any sense. They're all like bad dreams."

"Bad dreams coming to life." I thought to myself. "Its like they are alive."

"Look, I know the difference between a-a bad dream and real life, okay?"

"What did you see?" I ask Mike. 

"You saw something too?" Eddie follows up. 

"Yes." He responds immediately. "You guys know that house that burned on Harris Avenue? I was inside when it burned down. Before I was rescued, my mom and dad were trapped in the next room from me. They were pushing and pounding on the door...trying to get to me. But it was too hot. When the firefighters finally found them, the skin on their hands were melted down to the bone." 

I shifted on the grass. The story was uncomfortable to hear. Especially from someone who has actually experienced it. 

"We are all afraid of something."

"Got that right." Richie says facing a clown on a stage, holding out a green balloon on our direction. 

"Why Richie? What are you afraid of?" I ask my brother. He looks down before responding with one word. 

"Clowns." 

- - - - - - - - - 

We all biked down to Bill's garage after the weird talk at the parade the other day. Bill was placing a map of Derry on the wall. I was helping make the garage darker so the projection will appear clearer. 

Everyone else were setting up the projector or getting ready to see the show. whohoo. note the sarcasm. 

"Okay, look. That's where Georgie disappeared," There was a circle around the place where his brother has gone missing marked 'storm drain'. "there's the Ironworks and the Black Spot. Everywhere IT happens it's-it's all connected by the sewers and they all meet up at the-"