5: the quarry

TWO UPDATES IN ONE WEEK!! Be glad. This is a one time thing.(sorry not sorry)

(Edit: wow. it wasn't a one time thing."

∆ Raven ∆

"Being a girl is hard." Bev says through he phone.

"I know right. Why do we get to do all this hard stuff while the guys boss us around and shit." I complained to Bev. "Wait, did you figure it out?"

"Yeah. But I'll get the hang of it."

"Alright, that's good girl."

Richie came into the room eating popcorn, with a cloth with ice on his shoulder and his side.

"Who you talking to?" He asks with his mouth full.

"Beverly. Why? Are you staying for long?"

"No but the arcade was open today."

"Hold on Bev." I placed the phone to my shoulder. "What? We could have started. What time is it?"

"6:25. By the time we get there we only have like 15 minutes to practice."

"Tomorrow. I won't forget. Promise" I stuck my pinky finger out.

He put his pinky around mine and our free hands above it before releasing.

Richie left and I continued the call with Bev.

"Sorry for that. It was Richie."

"Your brother?"

"Yes. The one in the tacky shirt and a white tee underneath Richie."

"I heard that!" Richie yells from the bathroom.

I heard Beverly laugh. Guessing she heard him.

"Anyways. I have a surprise for you. But it'll have to wait. Tomorrow there will be a new Beverly in town."

"Wow. New Beverly and I only knew you for like a day."

"Anyways my dad is calling me for dinner. I got to go. See you tomorrow. Bye"

"Bye Bev."

- - - - - - - - - -

The guys were all lined at the edge. They were all stripped down to their underwear. It wasn't the first time I had gone to the quarry with the guys.

I stood still behind them with my large shirt covering well everything.

"Spit it out."

One by one from Richie to Eddie, the guys spit onto the water. I would join but I was concentrated wether Bev would join or not.

"Alright, who goes?"

"I'll go" behind us was Beverly taking off her dress. "And you Raven, will too."

Her hair was also cut short. Really short. It looked good on her. I wouldn't have looked that great. 

"Why? I'm usually the last one in." Before I could complain any further, Bev grabbed my hand and pulled me into the water with her.

"What the fuck!" I heard Richie yell. I laughed when my head was above the water.

"Holy shit we have been one-upped by two girls. One of them being my younger sister."I hear Richie say faintly.

"Do we have to go now?"

Seconds later, the boys followed and jumped in.

Then the water was being used to splash each other with. We also had a game where I got up on Richie's shoulders and push Bev off from Bill's shoulders. It was fun. For a few more minutes we swam and splashed more water.

I look at my friends and brother having fun. It has been a while since Richie actually laughed and shown a real smile. I smiled knowing they were happy

To my left Stan was doing the same. He turned to face me.

"Hey." he says breaking the silence between us.

"Hey."

"I love this. Seeing my friends smiling and being happy. Especially Bill, since all the shit he has gone through."

"Yeah. My best friend deserves to be happy. And of course the others too."

"You know what. Promise, we are going to be in charge of us losers to be happy. Got it?" I put out my pinky finger.

"Nope. Not doing that. Well the pinky promise thing. It's ridiculous." I pouted, thinking that will change his mind.

I thought wrong

Instead he splashed some water on my face. I rubbed water from my eyes. I didn't see Stan. I looked around but didn't see him. I was about to go underwater when someone grabbed my waist and pulled me back.

"Hey! Did I scare you."

Well I was until I realized the position we were in. His arms around my waist, bodies against each other. Yep not awkward at all.
I looked into his eyes and he does to mine.

"Whoa there Stan, watch your hands." Richie ruined it. But it's his job as a brother.

He quickly let go of me, apologizing as well.

"But, I promise."

- - - - - - - - - -

We all got out of the water and we dried off. The guys were sitting together while Bev and I rested.

I felt a pair of eyes on me. I got up and I saw Stan move his head elsewhere. Beverly did the same and the rest of the guys acted like they were doing something before.

"All of you are gross." I say sitting next to Stan.

"Me too? Wow I am offended." Richie says with a hand on his chest. I still saw some red bruises from the punches I gave him yesterday.

"Yes. Even Ben. I expected more." I said in a British accent. "Stan the Man, words can't describe my disappointment."

"Don't call me that. Please Raves." He starts running his fingers through my damp hair. I tried to fight off his charm.

No shit, I couldn't.

"What's with the history project?"

- - - - - - - - - -

Hello people. This was a real shitty chapter but I'll make it better for the next