Chapter 1

Have You Ever Watched The Night Sky?

Have you ever watched the night sky? Have you noticed the way it twists? did you ever realize that there could be something out there that could swallow all of us whole? Have you seen the way the clouds drift effortlessly? under that night sky, there is someone for you.

He looked longingly at the sky again that night, just as he had done for years. The past few times Just seemed...Different.

He longed to do something, to go somewhere. sure, he got good grades, he studied hard, he was homeschooled, he pretty much had to. He wanted a boyfriend, but his mother practically controlled his every move ; what he did, where he went, who his friends were, even internet access.

He knew he had a neighbor nextdoor around his age, he never understood why he never got to see him, but everytime he asked, his mother said this boy was evil, the devil himself, he had done horrible things, and so Eddie must never speak to him.

Eddie doubted he could be as bad as his mother said, but he decided to pay no mind to himself. his mother knew best, right? He turned back inside and slid the balcony doors shut. He layed on his bed and tried to sleep. he tossed and turned, and eventually fell into a light, restless sleep.

Stone threw his arms in the air, and sprinted towards the water "Great day for surfing, Ed!" he cried joyously his long Chestnut hair flying all over the place. eddie ran with his board under his arm. Stone was one of eddie's few friends, and back in middleschool eddie had a huge crush on him. he could understand why, but eventually it died down into more of a 'bro thing', except sometimes little fleeting feelings came back that almost scared the boy half to death. "Hey man, i told you i'm not stupid" The water felt cold under their feet, but it wasnt too bad. they sat on their boards in the water and Eddie spoke up "hey, uh, have you ever seen my neighbour? i was just wondering if he even exists, if mom is right, ya' know? if he's actually dangerous..." Stone stared off for a moment, "i never saw the guy. nobody really has....that i know about anyways. i would trust what your mother says, if nobodys seen him, the dude is probably shady." Eddie consittered for a moment and then nodded "Why were you wondering anyways, ed? oh and no worries, whatever you say is safe with me." Stone shot a considerate smile at Eddie, and he gave a light smile back. "curiousity."

the day carried on, and eventually, as the sky started turning pink they decided to head back. He wished he could stay with stone all night, he was the only person who understood eddie. He told him the important stuff, the stuff you need to know that nobody bothers to tell you, like how to flirt, how to headbang without getting whiplash and 95 minor concussions, how to fix guitars...all that stuff. they reached his appartment building, and gave eachother a brief hug "You coming over tomorrow?" Stone questioned, a spark of hopefullness in his eyes "yeah, of course! any oppurtunity to chill and you know i'm down." they smiled and turned on their ways, the sky was fading into a deep blue.