Chapter 3

The sun crept into his room, and he remembered last night. It was...strange to say the least.

His mother called from he other room about breakfast. He quickly threw on an outfit of an old, faded flannel, shorts, and docs. His mother was seated at the kitchen table, " Are you still hanging out with Stone, and Mike later?" Eddie nodded and pulled out a chair "Yeah, we're probably just going to play around on our guitars" he stabbed at his eggs. He didn't have an appetite. "Is there something wrong, Eddie?" He shook his head, " I'm just not really hungry." His mother studied him and smiled lightly "Run along if you want eddie I won't keep you."

He nodded at his mother thankfully and scurried out the door.

The September air was chilly that morning and stuffed his hands into his pockets to keep warm. His friends apartment was a few blocks away. Maybe four or five.

He knocked on the door, and heard loud music coming from inside. A guy with a strange hat opened the door. He recognized him as a friend of Mike , "Hey Jeff" he smiled. He had his guitar thrown over his shoulder. Eddie shuffled past him into the apartment. Mike was sitting on the couch, and Dave was beside him on the couch strumming lightly on his guitar he probably took from stone. Stone was banging pans around in the kitchen obviously trying to cook and probably failing horribly "Hey stone, Eddies here!" His friend came around the corner holding a frying pan, a smile plastered onto his face "Well look who it is!" He sang. Eddie jokingly took a bow. And then he remembered yesterday. He thought it over for a few seconds and then decided that talking to stone would be a good choice. "Hey man, can I talk to you for a second? This weird thing happened last night." He took Stone into the hallway. His friend rested his elbow on the wall and tilted his head back, Eddie stayed close in front of him "What happened, Ed? You look like you saw a ghost!" Eddie shook his head " Yeah man pretty much. You know my neighbor? Well I saw him for the first time last night while I was taking out trash, and we talked! He's not even that Bad! Then later, I saw him again on his balcony. He's drop dead gorgeous, you should see the guy I can't believe it!" Stone wore a look on his face that was somewhere between petrified and intrigue, "Are you serious? You saw the guy? What's his name?" Stones jaw was practically on the floor and eddie felt like an idiot discussing this " His name is Chris." Noise droned on In the other room, but everything in that hallway fell silent for what felt like ages. Eddie didn't know what he should do, should he tell the other Guys? No...not yet. He messed up his hair in frustration, "Look Stone, you can't tell anyone about this, it's not really that important, I just need to play it safe." He chewed at his sleeve nervously. "No issue, man."