Chapter 5

Eddie froze up for a second, and tensed a rediculous amount, his fingernails scraping into the balcony railing. He was cursing himself, he always had that issue, someone attractive looks at you...freeze.

He heard the call again, "Hey, Eddie! You hear me?"Chris called impatiently, Eddies nails clenched harder onto the railing, almost painful. He (as naturally as he could manage) turned around to face him. He was standing there nonchalantly leaning on the railing, his long, dark curls falling over his shoulders. "Sorry, I was just kinda spaced out..." he faked a confident smile, and Chris returned it "Yeah I could tell. Anyways man, I hate to bother you. I'll head back-" "it's not like I was f-figuring out the meaning of life, take it easy." Eddie mumbled again, and he wouldn't have been surprised if Chris began to think he had a speech impediment. His rediculously handsome neighbour turned back to face him, "Oh, and Chris, I was just meaning to ask, do you have a brother?" Eddie thought he sounded like a creep, and licked his lips nervously, looking down at his feet. "Nope, sorry pretty boy, it's only me." Chris smiled lightly. Eddie decided he never knew if his neighbour was joking or not, but he just smiled back, his stoumach was doing flips, and apparently his nervousness showed on his face, " Stop being so antsy! I don't bite. You always look like you're afraid of me. I know I'm like 10 ft taller than you, but it doesn't matter." Chris smirked, and Eddie could hear the teasing in his voice, and he didn't know if he loved or hated it yet. The handsome almost-stranger's ocean colour eyes burnt right back into his, and this time Chris looked away first. "Hey, uh, You know Chris, my mom would kill me if she found out I was talking to you right now." Eddie admitted, scratching his head. Chris smirked, " Is that so?" He purred, looking up at him through his eyelashes, and right then, Eddie could've fainted, he felt a bit light headed, but wasn't about to say anything. "Hey Eddie, what's that on your cheek, that mark?" He panicked when he realized he completely forgot about it, and realized it would have been a noticeable shade of pink by now. "It's nothing! don't worry about it." He waved it away and brushed some hair behind his ear. "I've seen that before, Eddie! Did someone slap you or something!?" Chris interrogated, and Eddie had to quickly shake his head no , and it was obvious Chris knew it was a lie, and Eddie felt sort of guilty for not telling the truth, Chris shook his head. And sadly smiled, "Take care of yourself, hot-stuff." Eddie had to laugh a little at that, "Alright, you too, man." And they turned on their ways.

That night, Eddie dreamt of Ocean eyes and dark hair.