grown man playing with dolls

Slipping out of her room Gwen quickly turned to the room next to hers and knocked on the door knowing that Ryan and the princess would be inside. Sure enough as she opened the door she saw the young blonde six year old sitting on the ground making a mess of her Aqua colored skirts as she played with a toy mermaid. Ryan stood uncomfortably in the corner obviously afraid of being asked to play along. He had spent all of yesterday pretending to be the Prince charming doll which had amused the rest of the team to no end. You have not known the meaning of the word funny until you watch a grown man the size of a tank playing with dolls to appease a six year old. Stifling a laugh at Ryan she slipped into the room quietly and cleared her throat.

                At the sound Ryan jumped to attention his hand at his gun strapped to his hip, before calming down as he saw who it was. The princess simply looked up from her toys and as she recognized the new governess her face spread into a wide grin.

                “Mz. Halloway! You’re my new guverness! Have you come to play with me?” The princess asked running up to the Gwen excitedly, her doll left on the ground behind her. Gwen smiled down at her after casting Ryan a disapproving glance at being so slow to notice her intrusion.

                “Well Princess Cassidy, if that’s what you would like, I’m going to be staying with you for a while and teaching you. I hope that’s okay with you?” Gwen asked as she crouched down in front of the princess.

                “Of course! I twold Skwye that I wanted you as my guverness! Your very pretty, Skwye said that you were gunna teach me how to be like you and adwult.” Cassidy said with a smile.

                “That I will Princess Cassidy,” Gwen said with a smile at the adorable girl with the golden curls.

                “Not princess, that’s for older gwurls, I’m just Cassidy!” Cassidy exclaimed, she might be young but she didn’t like when others called her princess and acted like she was older, she was just a normal six year old.

                “Well, it’s my job to make sure you turn into the best princess you can, but don’t worry honey we can still have lots of fun.” Gwen said understanding the true reason the princess didn’t like to be reminded of her title. Ryan looked between the two girls confused; he didn’t understand what Gwen’s response had to do with what the princess had said. He eventually just shrugged it off deciding it was a girl thing. “Now I understand that you have a beautiful mermaid doll, does she have a name?” Gwen asked. That was all Cassidy needed to drag Gwen towards her doll and begin playing.

__ __ __

                “Now Cassidy darling, you have tutors at 3 okay? Can you be a good girl and try to remind me before then?” Skye heard Gwen say as he passed by the open door to his sister’s room. He hesitated just outside the door as he listened to what would happen next, he knew his sister didn’t know how to tell time and was wondering if Gwen was trying to get his sister to do Gwen’s job for her.

                “I don’t know how.” Was Cassidy’s reply, she sounded sad that she couldn’t help.

                “Really now!” came Gwen’s shocked voice, “well then come here sweetie we are going to have to fix this okay?” Skye heard rustling of skirts and correctly assumed that Cassidy had come to sit on Gwen’s lap. “Now do you know what time is?” Cassidy must have shook her head know because Gwen continued, “Well time is how we measure life, each moment and movement takes place in a certain amount of time. First there are seconds, which is really fast. See that smallest hand on the clock? Those are seconds. Now sweetie, seconds are used to tell when things happen very fast, and 60 ticks of that second hand make a minute. Do you know what a minute is?” Gwen paused, waiting for the young girl to reply.