His strategy? annoy them all to death

Please vote fan and read! story is almost over just about three more chapters to go!

__ __ __

                “One two three!” Gwen whispered as her team huddled behind the edge of the cave. At the count of three the team sprang into action. Immediately, Gwen grabbed three throwing knives and her gun and sprang into the cave along with the rest of her team. Giuseppe gave a mighty roar alerting the startled cave occupants of their arrival seconds before shooting flames into the depths of the cave. His flames didn’t light anyone on fire but they did light up the cave so everyone could see their targets. They had caught the purists just in time it seems. Alex and the rest of the traitors were in the act of clearing the cave out and finding a new hide out.

Startled the purists barely had time to react before all hell broke loose. Gwen threw her knives, one catching Alex in the shoulder before he could shoot at Skye. The next two pinned the earth elf to the cave wall making it easy for Rob to finish him off before the elf sent the cave crashing down around everyone with his magic.

                Gwen shot into the cave but didn’t particularly aim at anyone to distract the purists from their actual attackers. As she did so she surveyed the scene. Jamie was in the process of breaking a water mirror that was hung up on the wall of the cave. While she did this, Ryan protected her from stray arrows and bullets by raising the earth around her and fighting off random attackers. Giuseppe was busy taking care of the black dragon, they were battling it out outside but the light from their flames were visible from the cave entrance. Cameron was busy fighting the fire vampire while Simon was using his magic to turn into a bird and trying to warn the team by using his aerial view to the best advantage. While he did this Luke was in an all-out fight with the air fay who was trying his best to confuse Luke with his magic. Luke however had snapped, he was cutting right through the magic by using his water bending powers to form deadly swords and slashing through everything, illusion or not. He looked like a mad man as he waved his water swords about screaming out war crys. "Why is Luke giving out war cries? please make him shut up, he's pissing me off and i'm not even in the cave." Max complained via ear peice. "I mean seriously what is his strategy? annoy them all to death?" Max countinued.

"Hey!" Luke called out mid-cry, "I thought it made me sound more manly and badass." He complained before picking them back up again. Gwen just chuckled and ignored them as she focused back on the fighting. Nick and Rob were doing their best to help but the fire vampire had summoned three hell hounds which had them stuck in a corner trying to fight their way out.

                Gwen quickly searched for Skye and Alex and found them facing each other down in the center of the cave; Skye was bleeding from a cut in his arm while Alex looked unscathed except for a couple cuts. Alex’s face was screwed up in an ugly sneer as he taunted Skye trying to make him lose his cool. Sighing Gwen got her head back into the battle, she knew Skye needed help. Alex had raised the temperature around them trying to overheat Skye and cause him to screw up. It was only a matter of time before that happened if the sweat running down Skye’s face was any indication.

Gwen started over to Skye’s side but was taken by surprise when two hell hounds jumped out at her, In a flash her knife was out but she knew she would only be able to get one of them, quickly she prepared herself for the impact as she quickly twisted her body and speared one hell hound through the underside of its belly where it had no fire. Surprised that the impact never came, Gwen looked up and saw Rob holding a huge machine gun with confidence as he removed his favorite machete gun from the hell hound’s body.

                “Thanks,” Gwen said breathlessly, she hadn’t wanted the hell hound’s fire anywhere near her. Rob took one look at her and nodded before tipping an imaginary hat in her direction and going back to the fray of battle.