Soul Books

The world holds many things that humans don’t understand or can’t understand. But this isn’t about our world or humans at all. This is about another world with humans and magic and creatures of another kind. In this world there are nine councils. Eight for each species (except humans of course) and the ninth is for the head of each species.

There are also four elements, two species for each element. Air, wind, fire, earth the eight species are fairies, genies, elves, werewolves, witches/wizards, mermaids, sorcerers, and vampires. Fairies and genies are air dominant, elves and shifters are earth, mermaids and witches are water, wizards and vampires are fire dominant. Despite each element being dominant in a certain species each species can have creatures of all different elements. Each council for the different species has four people in the council one with power for each element. The person with the dominant element is the leader of that council and then is a part of the bigger council. The councils are a complex system which keeps the rules for each species in place.

                The magicals that make up the different councils all have three things in common, one is that they are all rulers of their own countries, there are other countries and others ruled by magicals but these are the most powerful ones.

                The second thing they all have in common is that they were all good-looking to prevent suspicion from humans.

                The third was that they are the creatures that are part humans. They each have a magical side and a human side. Vampires are turned and start as humans, they also retain their human shapes. Werewolves or shifters turn from full wolves, or whatever their animal is, to full humans. Genies are beings of multiple shapes but can be born or made from humans, they also prefer their human shapes. Fairies have a human shape and with their glamers on can turn into magic wielding humans. They can also be born of one or more full human which is something they have in common with witches/wizards and sorcerers. Elves also have a human shape. Mermaids are half human. They all have a part of them which is human which helps them not only to blend in but to adapt.

                Of course there are good and bad humans out there just as there are good and bad fairies and genies and so on. The difference is that the bad magicals are the ones that embrace their magical side completely and leave their human side completely.  There are other magical creatures out there also but they have no human side and also no discipline or rules.

Every magical creature is born with knowledge of the councils. A knowledge which most humans nolonger pocess, instead they make up stories that are mostly false. Witches are actually bueatiful and are the same species as wizerds. Sometimes Humans even confuse pixies and sprites, who are small fairy like creatures one small and sweet and the other clever and miscivious in nature, for their bigger fairy cousins. They think genies are confined to lamps and often mistake them for witches or fairies. In actuallity a genie is a being that can change shape and roams the earth greanting wishes for good behavior and curses for bad. At one time the humans living in this world knew that witchs and wizards say spells while a sorceress would have to use the power in her hands while a fairy and genie have no need for spells or wands but after time the humans forgot. They forgot that mages were not in the council because they were simply humans with one special power like mind reading or fire starting. They forgot that in the 36 most powerful kingdoms of the world the King or the Queen would always be born of the same element. They forgot that while both boys and girls were welcome to the council it was usually one boy and one girl to each element in the ninth council. They forgot that the council was protected by the best of the best and would often resort to any measure to protect the people. They forgot that the council was what held order in their everyday lives. They even forgot that magic existed at all. It’s the book keeper’s job to remember so here it all is. I am the keeper of the soul books. Each magical has one, a story all of their own, some happy some sad and some tragic.

 The first soul book belonged to the very first fairy. Her name was Airabella, born of a goddess and a mermaid king, out of all her eight sisters she was the youngest and the only one who was born more goddess than mermaid. She became half goddess and a quarter human with only the smallest dash of mermaid, creating the very first fairy, a very special first fairy. Most fairies carry one element or if they are special maybe two. Airabella held all four. She ended up marrying her true love a human man and living on earth. Together they created many more fairies to come though this next story isn’t about her. It’s about a different fairy entirely. This story takes place in a more modern time, about a fairy of the night, the fairy of the night… Gwendolyn Knight

                Gwendolyn Knight held a very special position, one that only the council knew.  There are two forms of Council guards, those that carried out the councils bidding and those that protected the Council, Gwendolyn Knight was the head of both. Her all male team was the best of the best and went wherever they were needed most in the most dire of times.

She of course was more than capable of handling the large responsibility mostly because she was a certain kind of magical, she was a fairy. She was also no ordinary fairy, a fact that presented itself to her everyday as much as she might like to pretend otherwise. Gwendolyn Hallow Knightly Wayton, or Gwendolyn Knight to here team, was one of those few fairies that didn’t only have an element but that had a specialty. A certain power or area of magic that only she could control and in her case it was a vast area, she was a night fairy.

Her power encompassed night, darkness, shadows, smoke bending, shapeshifting, and many other darkness related powers. That of course doesn’t mean she was evil, she was actually very good if you couldn’t tell from her job as a protector no she just held power of the night. She was of course an air fairy but these days that didn’t really tell you much.

Each element had different power types for instance air could mean the air that blows through your hair or it could mean thoughts and the mind, fire could mean light, fire, or as the age of technology came about, lighting and electrics; namely technopaths who were good with technology. Water could mean water bending or purifying or many other forms and earth could be plant or animal. Everyone’s powers were different though some could share certain powers with others very few had all the exact same powers and some had all the different powers possible of an element.

Gwen or Lyn as most people called her, she used Gwen when undercover so her full name of Gwendolyn was only known to a select few, had every air power to do with the night which came in handy with her job since she would often find herself sneaking through the night to either catch stalkers or steal already stolen goods and bring them back to their rightful owners. Basically she was no ordinary fairy and she used that to the best of her abilities and this is her story.