forgotten

10th march

it's been a few hours since emerald has been in the accident, i was sitting on the chair beside emerald waiting for her to open her eyes. jonah comes in with a bunch of flowers and some get well cards.

"hey, how is she?" jonah asks taking the seat next to mine.

"she's doing good but i hope she wakes up soon" we sit there in silence, listening to the beeping sound of her heart on the cardiac monitor.

it's been a few hours later and finally the doctors come out of emerald's room and says that we could go see her.

"your girlfriend is awake, you can go visit her" but instead he says it to jonah..

"actually i'm her boyfriend" i say getting up, the doctor looked at me confusingly and shrugged. i walk inside the room and saw emerald laying down peacefully, her arm was in a cast and her leg was all bruised. i sat down and finally got to see emerald's eyes.

"how are you emerald?"

"uhh.. w-wh-who are you?"

i was frightened, my body was trembling. i can't believe that emerald doesn't remember me, i felt so guilty. if i had never hurt her feelings she wouldn't have ran out of the house. it was all my fault. i looked over to jonah and he was upset aswell. i saw his veins showing on his arm and his hand was tense.

the doctor came with his clipboard and told us the worst news we've ever heard.

"i'm afraid to tell you that emerald has lost her memory and unfortunately it is long term"

i felt like crawling up into a ball, emerald has lost her memory because of me.

-
this chapter is short sorry :(