Chapter 7

Demetrio was beginning to worry as he searched the villa, "Where could she be?" There was one other place he had not checked and made his way there.

Letta sighed as she stepped out of the hot Roman pool. She gasped as she thought she heard something. She leaned side to side as she looked but saw nothing.

Demetrio held his breath as he spied on Letta while she dried off. Her soaked shift stuck to her body showing every perfect curve of her breast down to her hips. He licked his lips as she slightly raised her garment to show her long lean legs. He had never seen such a perfect creature. He briefly looked away to fight temptation but Letta started to hum a hypnotic tune. He was drawn to her like he was in a trance. He stepped into Letta's view.

Letta jumped as he entered, "Demetrio! You shouldn't be here." She tried her best to cover herself.

Demetrio didn't say anything as he approached her. He cupped her face and stroked her cheeks, "I've been such a fool." He leaned in and kissed her as he pressed her body to his.

Letta tried to push him away as he drugged her with his lust, "No Demetrio. We are not married."

"We soon will be." He whispered against her lips.

Letta turned her head as she spoke, "Then prove to me, I'm worth waiting for."

Demetrio peeked her on the cheek as then eased on his grasp on her.

The couple turned their heads to the door as Emella came around the corner as one of their servants was heaving as he tried to stop her. Emella froze in her tracks as she saw how beautiful Letta was as Demetrio held her almost naked body. "Am I interrupting something?" She fluttered her eye lashes as she spoke to contain her anger.

Demetrio pushed Letta behind him as he faced Emella, "May I ask what are you doing here?"

Emella smirked as she stepped closer, "We must discuss our future Demetrio."

"What do you mean?" Demetrio looked like a tiger that was about attack.

"May we speak in private? I do not wish to talk in front of simpletons." Emella smiled a sarcastic smile towards Letta.

Letta turned to sulk away, but Demetrio grabbed her hand, "No! You will stay." He turned back to Emella, "What ever you have to say to me you can say to my future wife."

Emella cackled loudly as she threw her head back, "Oh, my. Does she know about us and our love making? Does she know I could possibly be with your child? Hmm..?" Demetrio pressed his eyes closed as she continued to mock him, "I would say not.."

"Demetrio..?" He turned a sad brow to Letta's little voice. "I free you of your obligation towards our engagement."

Demetrio shook his head as he grabbed Letta's shoulders, "Oh no.. no no no.. I will not let you do that. I'm in love with you and only you. This.." he turned his scrunched angry face to Emella, "Whore of Babylon seduce me while I was intoxicated. No I will not let you break it."

Letta cupped her hands on his cheeks, "I. Will. Not. Marry. You."

Demetrio pressed his eyes closed as Letta turned and took her leave.

"Mmm.. pity. She is a beauty, but I'm sure she is no match compared to my skills in bed." Emella grazed the back of her hand against his check.

She scowled as he jerked away from her touch, "You sicken me witch."

"You will marry me! I am with your child. A son. Agatha the soothsayer told me of our future and it will be great. You as governor, and me by your side; the people of Italy will love you." She smiled as she leaned in and peeked him on the cheek as he looked on in a daze.

Demetrio turn to her, "And what of Letta?"

Emella rolled her eyes, "Keep her as a bed mate, but I cannot promise you, if she becomes with child, she may lose her life."

He turned his sad expression away from her and thought quietly, "Forgive me Letta. I will always only love you."