Chapter 8

As the new man and wife turned to the cheerful crowd, the room erupted with cheers. Letta stood silently in the back and watch the couple make their way to the banquet hall.

There were several toast that were made but one made the crowd cheer the most, "To our new governor Demetrio!"

Emella battered her eyelashes as she raised her glass with the crowd. Demetrio blushed as he did the same, but as he noticed Letta leaving the festivities, his heart sank with grief.

Letta was in a daze as she stood on the villas balcony. She could hear footsteps approaching and knew immediately who it was, "Congratulations Demetrio."

"Letta.. I .."

Letta turned and put her finger to his lips, "Do not pity me. I am very happy for you. I hope she will be a great wife to you and your campaign."

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Emella knows my heart belongs to you. I shall keep you as my mistress. Our hearts will never know grief of separation."

Letta squinted her eyes and shook her head, "Are you mad? No Demetrio. I will not be your mistress or any other man's."

Demetrio couldn't believe her disapproval, "But, I love you."

Letta scoffed as she turned away, "Love? If you truly loved me she would have not seduced you. If you loved me, you would respect my integrity and not what is between my legs." 

Before Demetrio realized his actions, he struck Letta on her cheek. His eyes widened with surprise, "Oh.. no Letta.. I.. " He gently raised his hand to touch her red cheek but stopped as she fletched at his actions. "No dearest, do not fear me.. I didn't.."

Letta turned and briskly walked away. Demetrio chest heaved as he processed what he had done.

Emella smiled as she watched from the garden as Demetrio struck young Letta's face, "This is going better than I thought."

Later that night Emella had butterflies as Demetrio slipped into her. Her mouth slightly eased open as he continued to thrust into her.

She sighed loudly with delight until she heard her new husband speak, "Letta.. mmm.. Letta.."

Her brow wrinkled with anger as she let him finish. She laid silently as he rolled off of her. As Demetrio caught his breath she rolled on to her elbow to speak, "Have you forgotten your wife's name already?"

Demetrio smiled as he continued to look at the ceiling, "No."

"What did you say?" Emella's voice shook with anger.

Demetrio continued to smile as he rolled to face her, "I said no. You see, I may be forced into this marriage, but.. I can think of whom ever I wish when I fuck you."

Emella couldn't believe what she was hearing. He desired an ex slave over her? "Careful husband, we wouldn't want her to have an accident now would we?"

Demetrio laid back on his back and looked at the ceiling, "Touch her and die. Pregnant or not."

Emella rolled away from him as she growled. Demetrio laid silent as he continued to smile at the ceiling.