The End Part Three

Song: Start A War, by Klergy and Valerie Broussard

The sign welcoming us to Beacon Hills is a bitter-sweet moment.

To get out of the car after taking turns driving between the four of us, only stopping once or twice to sleep in crappy motels, eating fast food, and grinding on each other's nerves from the close proximity. It was nice at first, to catch up with everything we've done since we last saw each other... that lasted for a state or two.

Now that we're here, seeing the storm clouds rolling overhead with the promise of disastrous weather has each of us equally quiet. The inky darkness sank into us like lead, only the headlights to the crappy blue jeep cast a yellow glow on the road. Lighting up the leaves rolling across the asphalt and the howl from the wind hitting the car creates a high-pitched squeak.

Shifting anxiously in the passenger seat, I can feel the anticipation in the air. "Ready for one last showdown, boys?" my voice cuts through the thick silence.

The air is heavy, it takes Stiles a few moments to open his mouth to speak. "It's not the first and definitely won't be the last" his voice misses the usual level of sarcasm it normally holds. He can feel it. "You should know that by now -oh, but that's right- you've been gone so you probably forgot"

Humming, I reach my foot through the gap between the seats and press my heel into his injured foot. Instantly, he yelps, swerving around the road, nearly running into someone in the other lane.

"How's the foot, Stiles?" I ask, a strained smirk tugging at my lips as he glares.

Isaac pokes his head up between the seats "I'd rather not die before we get there."

"Should have thought of that before you got into the car" Stiles instantly shoots back at him.

"Next right" Derek pipes up from the backseat as well, sounding bored with our bickering.

"I'm assuming we're nearly there," Stiles announces. "We're probably heading into heavy fire, anyone wants to give a pep talk?"

I scoff. "You mean before we probably die?"

As he turns to travel deeper into the industrial part of town, I can hear the distinct sound of bullets shooting from their guns. My heightened hearing is bombarded with so many guns firing and I fear what they're aimed at.

"Holy shit" I breath quietly under my breath before looking toward Stiles "You still want your pep talk, Stiles?"

"Not from you, sour wolf!" he exclaims, reeving the jeep causing the meter to jump from 45 to 60 mph in under a few seconds.

Isaac leans forward, gripping the sides of my seat nervously as he too begins to focus on the noise coming from a construction site near the metal storage crates. Derek's hand is on the door handle, just waiting for the jeep to stop so he can jump out.