Chapter 21 - Quiet before the Storm...

I'm back, Lovelies!

I'm ashamed that I haven't updated in 3 months and there are no excuses. This story only has about 5 chapters left and I'm so determined to finish this book. Thanks everyone who comments on my stories and don't sass me when I don't update for awhile which I've seen people do (Don't be that person).

I'm so happy for the support even though I've been AWOL and like I said before I'm not sure how you guys will take the ending. The amount of feels might just kill myself but it wraps it up. 

Coming to my senses, the only thing I feel is icy numbness as the snow soaks into my clothing and chills my skin

Coming to my senses, the only thing I feel is icy numbness as the snow soaks into my clothing and chills my skin. My insides practically burning from the intense frost surrounding me and I cringe when the wind blows and sends another tremor through me. 

A flurry of cold and wet lands on my face, but I'm so frozen that I don't care to open my eyes to investigate just yet. The want for sleep is almost as much as the want for a heated blanket at the loft. I just can't find it in me to move or think. This numbness has a hold on me and I enjoy feeling nothing. It's a beautiful relief from the years of heartache this life has given me. 

Emotions have a way at killing you slower than a fatal wound. 

My eyes flutter open and I'm greeted with the tombstone grey sky as little specks of white fall. In my hazy state, It takes me a moment to realize that it's snowing again causing me to cringe again but this time in distaste. I'm so sick of the snow by now that I wish for summer to come and never leave me again. 

My head pounds when I attempt to lift my head up off the ground and I end up putting it back down with a wince. A shooting pain rushes down my spine that leaves me breathless. 

What the hell happened? 

I remember being in Derek's loft, talking about a... chess game. Why were we talking about a chess game again? I forgot...

 The pounding in my head seems to grow more intense the harder I try to remember the events that played out to land me on the hard ground in the middle of no where. Hazy images, shapes contort into one and I nearly make myself sick trying to decipher it.

Almost robotically, my head turns, pressing my cheek against the snowy ground. My sight blurs a tall object looming over me, a dark aura rolling off it which means something bad must have happened. Even in my state, I can easily tell where I am. From growing up in this house and visiting it when I buried my dead sister, it's a hard place to banish from my memories. 

With the way only this place gives me a peaceful calm, a feeling I can't seem to find anywhere else, I don't want to forgot this place. I don't want to forget that feeling. 

Something has changed though... 

The events I can't seem to remember must have made my self conscious grow to despise this place. I'm a tad afraid of what I've done to make me hate this place so suddenly. Could it really be that bad?