Chapter 10 - Dusk

A light feather touch runs down my cheek and slowly awakens me from my unconscious state

A light feather touch runs down my cheek and slowly awakens me from my unconscious state. The warm touch against my cold skin feels like fire and leaves a lingering touch. The thoughts running through my head jumbles together and I have a tiny heart attack when I forget where I am until the night's events come crashing down on me.

Behind my eye lids I see the bright light from the sun shinning down on me from the panel of windows. My body feels like ice and it must feel like it too because a soft fuzzy fabric is wrapped around my full body, restraining my limbs. The slight burn behind my ear doesn't go unnoticed and I wonder what that thing did to me that caused me to black out, have this slight sting, and make me as cold as the snow in these bitter winters.

My eyes flutter open and instantly squint at the bright light that blinds me. The soft padding under me molds to my form and I raise my head up from the pillow to look out the window at the morning light. How long have I been out? Must have not been long since I didn't have a night terror which arrives after 2 hours. I feel exhausted still.

I jump when something runs through my hair and my gaze locks on the figure who's sitting beside me on the bed. My twisted confused expression turns into a scowl when I take in who's in front of me. I may be still a tad foggy in the brain but it's clear what all he's done lately. The surprise attack from the Oni aka demons pushed back the yelling I was going to do but now seems like the perfect time in my opinion.

He's going to wish I was unconscious still, I think sassily.

The alpha at the edge of the bed looks down on me with soft green eyes and relaxed expression. The way he's looking at me is indescribable but it makes me want to forgive him right here and now without my yelling at him. His hand runs through my hair then down my cheek ever so slowly that it leaves a lingering touch.

Son of a bitch my resolve is cracking.

I lean away from his touch and look at his hand like it's a poisonous spider. When I see the confusion swirling in his green eyes I give him a what-the-fuck look. "I'm mad" I say simply.

Derek stares at me to see if I'm joking which only lasts a couple seconds when he sees that I'm not. He sighs but says nothing on the topic "Are you okay?"

I lay my head back down "Grand" I mutter while snuggling into the blanket wrapped around me like a cocoon for warmth. My frame is slightly shivering with goosebumps running all up and down my skin.

Minutes pass in silence and to be honest it's kind of awkward. I try to ignore him and stare aimlessly at the wall but it's hard when someone won't stop starring at you. I manage it for about 2 minutes before I start to feel self-conscious. I probably look horrid and he's mentally making fun of me... Yeah, I could see that. 

"Ya'know I'm mad too" My eyes lift to look at Derek.

What in hell does he have to be mad about? He's the one who left without contacting me  for weeks. He's the one who didn't contact me back saying he was okay. He shouldn't be mad at lil ol me. I didn't do anything.