Chapter 9

incoming call
accept         decline

„Yugyeom what's going on?"
A confused voice asked from the other side of the line.

„I'll answer your questions later, please just play along" I whispered.

Bambam got quiet and I knew he wouldn't hang up now. I opened the door again only to be met with the stranger who looked at me, frowning.

"Yeah babe, I know I'm late but I'll come over now."

I heard Bambam choke at the nickname.

"Hang on a second" I looked at the man in front of me and gestures towards the door.

"I think you should leave, I have to meet my boyfriend"

The other shot me a disappointed look but finally decided to leave, figuring that he won't have any chances with me. He wasn't wrong.

As soon as the coffee shop door closed behind him I let out a relieved sigh.

"Thank god you called Bambam"

Silence.

"Bambam, are you still there?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah sorry."
He said, his voice was somehow really adorable.

"You want to tell me what that just was about?"

He interrupted me as soon as I wanted to explain my situation.

"Oh and you should take me on a date first before we start a relationship"

I chuckled at his statement, of course he would point that out.

"Some creep from the coffee shop wanted to take me on a date after my shift. I tried to say no but he wouldn't leave me alone. I felt really uncomfortable so I decided to call someone in hopes he would back off. At least it worked"

There was silence again before Bambam suddenly started to mumble things so fast, I couldn't catch everything he said.

"That fucking asshole! How dare he not take no for an answer. I swear to freaking god if I ever see that douche of a guy I'll-"

"Bambam, I'm fine. The guy is gone" I reassured him, I ignored the warm feeling that spread through my chest at his concern.

He exhaled loudly.

"Where are you now?" He asked rather calm but you could still hear the worry in his voice.

"On my way home"

"How long is you way home?"

I frowned at his question.
"About 25 minuets because I walked here this morning, why?"

"Just- Keep talking. I want to make sure you get home safe and that the guy won't wait anywhere for you."

"You really don't have to, I'm sure you have far more important stuff to do right now" I said although the idea of talking to him sounded great in my opinion.

It's just that I felt bad for bothering him and making him worried.

"Are you kidding? You're more important right now.... please I just want you to get home safe."

"Thank you Bambam" I hoped he realized how much the words he had said meant to me.

"Of course"

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Let's start with how you didn't tell me that I was your babe."

This was going to be a long walk home...