Chapter 18

It was my birthday today and normally I would be excited but there were still no signs of Bambam.

I understood that I was mean and disrespectful towards him but I also felt disappointed that I didn't even get a text wishing me a nice day. There was nothing.

I admit I missed the small annoyance. I didn't realize how much I got used to his daily messages, his bad jokes and just... just him in general I guess.

Although it was my birthday I still had to work. It was around 3pm and my shift would end in more or less 2 hours.

I sighed, resting my head on the counter. It would have been great to have a distraction from thinking about Bambam too long but sadly no costumers were here.

Also my awesome friends said they couldn't make time tonight to celebrate with me so when I'd finally get home I'll be all alone.

What a great day.

The sound of the coffee shop door opening and closing interrupted my self pitying. Lazily I looked over at the newcomer and frowned at his appearance.

He was really tall and wore simple black pants, a white t-shirt and a coat. Nothing out of the ordinary. The confusing thing about him was his face though. Not because it looked weird or anything but because I couldn't see any of it.

The male had dyed red hair that suited him quite well. Black sunglasses and a black face mask only spiked my curiosity more.

Who was he?

"Hello, how can I help you?", I greeted him as soon as he stood in front of me.

"Hello," he said back, "I'd like a grande, iced, sugar-free, vanilla latte with soy milk, please. If that's not too much trouble though", his voice seemed familiar but I was too pissed because of his order to think about it where I had heard it before.

I blinked a few times, trying to process and remember what he had just said.

"Would that be all?", I asked, hoping he wouldn't notice my annoyance.

"Yep", he replied, plopping the 'p' at the end. I couldn't see his face but I was damn sure there was a smug smile gracing his lips.

He paid and went to search for a free table. It wasn't very hard to find one since they were all empty.

While I prepared his order I caught the male sneaking glances at me every now and then but I didn't comment on it. It didn't feel intimidating like it did with the guy that tried to hit on me, it felt more like he was curious and I didn't mind that.

I brought him his coffee and prayed that I didn't forget anything. A little bit of the cold liquid spilled over as I put the tray down but he didn't care. He had fished his phone out of his pockets and was now typing away on it.

I shook my head and returned to my previous spot behind the counter. It didn't take long till I heard a constant noise, probably coming from my phone. After I made sure that no one else was here except for 'mister how fancy can I make this freaking order', I looked who was messaging me like a maniac.

Dab-ulous:
do you think the mall is called mall bc you don't just simply go to one store but you go to 'them all'?

Dab-ulous:
mountains aren't just funny, they are hill areas

Dab-ulous:
all is peachy when you sing in the shower, till you get shampoo in your mouth

Dab-ulous:
then it gets a soap opera

Dab-ulous:
ba dum tss

Dab-ulous: