50

NARRATORS P.O.V.

Valerie was lying down on Finn's unmade bed in the boys hotel room. Jack was right next to her.

The boys had called room service asking for Ziploc bags and lots and lots of ice.

Valerie had been bobbing in and out of sleep as the boys laid bags of ice under her elbow, left leg, and a smaller ice bag on her head.

Finn read somewhere online that this was a good idea, he also read that Valerie could have a concussion.

"Okay follow my finger."

"I don't have a concussion, Finn."

"That's something a person with a concussion would say."

"No it's not." Jaeden piped up as he was helping Jack clean up the scrapes on the back of Jack's right leg.

Sophia lifted the left side of Valerie's shirt revealing a long painful looking scrape.
Sophia grimaced wondering how hard they both must've hit to cause such bruising and scrapes.

She had Valerie turn a bit so she could clean it and cover it up so it wouldn't get infected and gross.

Val lied there, not even flinching as she watched Jaedens swift hands helping Jack, her eyes flicked up to Jack's face to find him already looking back at her.

A smile played on his lips, he was about to start talking but Wyatt had walked into the room with bags of chips in his hands from the vending machine.

"I'm kinda hungry but not hungry enough to have an entire meal, does that make sense?" He continued to babble while he passed the bags around.

Val had gotten a bag of Lays but they were left untouched as she wasn't really in the mood for something so salty, but she craved something... sweet.
Her eyes landed on Jack's lips once more.

She let out a quiet hiss as Sophia had patted against a spot that cut deeper than the rest.

Jack's first instinct was to grab onto her hand.

Whenever he touched her, it felt like his entire body was enveloped in flames, and he loved it, he loved it because it was coming from her.

Her eyes went droopy again as she gave him a soft smile and she tried very hard to keep her eyes open.

"We should get her to a hospital, this could be a severe concussion guys!"

"A severe- what no, Finn you're dumb."

"I didn't even hit my head, how could I have a concussion."

"Maybe you didn't feel it because of all the uh .. Excitement." He told her as he wiggled his eyebrows.

With an eye roll she let go off Jack's hand to push her hair back from her face.