Chapter 2

For a while all she saw was blackness. She felt groggy and sick, her head was spinning and she could barely lift her eyelids, she turned uncomfortably.

The roar of an engine and a bump in the road caused her eyes to shoot open, the sunlight streamed into her vision, blinding her and then gracing her with a pounding headache.

She swore as she clasped her hands over her eyes, " Bloody hell! Damned sun!"

"Great, you've finally decided to wake up." A deep sarcastic voice said from the seat in front of her. Narrowing her eyes she glanced around her surroundings, the small interior explained that she was in a car with someone who had curly black hair like a mop atop his head and a charmingly mysterious personality.

She never envisioned her wedding day to happen like this.

"Kalmin what on Earth are you doing?" Glancing down at her hands and feet she noticed the rope tied tightly around them. "And why the hell am I bound?"

A heavy sigh erupted from the front seat and five minutes of silence continued. The mental ticking of the clock in her mind was driving her crazy and she had enough of it. Swinging her legs over she was able to send a blow towards Kalmin, who easily dodged it.

"Please do be careful where you put your feet."

"You fool! Explain this!"

"Fine, fine, give me a minute without talk so that I may explain my reasons for hog tying you and throwing you in the back of my car." He said dryly.

Adira kept quiet to show that she could indeed wait for his answer.

"I'm taking you away and out of England, do not say anything as yet I am not finished-" before he could say the rest of his sentence, Adira jumped in.

"So you've kidnapped me? Do you understand it is my wedding day? My whole family is here! They will hunt you down and kill you."

"Do not sound so foolish girl."

"How am I foolish? You have kidnapped a future Lord! They will track me down, what would Magnar have to say about this?"

Kalmin's hands tighten around the steering wheel and he adjusts himself in the chair. She notices this with wide eyes before her face lifts into a cunning smirk.

Bringing herself into an upright position she cracks her neck and sighs. Stretching her back and cracking it she stares directly at Kalmin.

"Where are you taking me to?"

"Canada." He says bluntly readjusting his grip on the steering wheel.

She scoffs at his response, but really she is anxious.

"You sound so stupid. You cannot get me to Canada without being found, it's impossible. I have spies everywhere, they will know."

"Unfortunately for you they want what I want as well. They will not be a problem."

"And if they are?"

"I kill them."

Digesting his words further, she is puzzled by what he says.

"What do you want?"

"You will soon find out." He says looking at her furiously burning amber eyes through the rear view mirror.