i'm (not) gay

As soon as Zac witnessed his roommate leave the room, he followed after him.

Well, he had to turn his laptop off, take his fingers out of his ass, pull his pants on, cover his hands in hand sanitizer, and then he followed after him. He ran into the long hallway, seeing Taylor walking with his head down and hands in his pockets.

Zac saw Taylor turn the corner to walk down the stairs. The drummer stopped, debating whether or not to run after him. Walking from class to class was enough of a workout for him each week, but he decided to chase after his roommate anyway.

"Taylor!" Zac shouted as the older male exited the building, Zac following closely behind him. But Taylor didn't stop. He walked a little bit faster, not even bothering to look up from the ground.

So Zac shouted his name a second time. Finally, after it being called a third time, Taylor stopped and turned around.

"What do you want?" He asked with his hands still buried in his pockets.

"I can explain," Zac choked out while panting, his chest heaving due to the short run.

"Are you gay?" Taylor asked with his arms crossed over his chest. Zac was surprised to see no look of bewilderment upon Taylor's face.

"No," Zac lied after a few seconds of hesitation. Taylor squinted.

"I just walked in on you with your fingers up your ass and gay porn playing on your laptop. You're at least bisexual," Taylor said calmly. He appeared to be much more relaxed than Zac.

"I'm not gay," Zac reiterated, even though he had no explanation for what he was doing watching gay porn and fingering himself. He didn't know much about straight people, but he knew damn well that straight men did not do shit like that.

"I don't care if you're gay, Z. Stop lying to me."

Zac let out a small sigh and looked down at the ground, both of his hands coming to the back of his head. He wasn't good with coming out, few people knew about his sexuality. Although, he made it somewhat obvious with how he paid such close attention to his clothing and appearance, making him the stereotypical gay man. Also, his overall attitude was always so flamboyant that it didn't take much for people to pick up on it. The circle of people that knew of his homosexuality was limited to the few people back home he could call his friends, many of the people that knew him in high school, Hayley, and now Taylor.

"Fine, I'm gay," he admitted.

Even though Taylor knew it from the instant he walked into their room moments before, it was still weird to hear aloud. He suddenly felt very uncomfortable. As if Zac had been waiting to fuck him all along and was just waiting for the perfect opportunity. Even though this was actually what Zac wanted, he didn't have high hopes.

"So you lied to me?" Taylor asked, turning the situation to make it seem as though Zac was somehow at fault in this situation. Zac let out an exasperated sigh and rubbed his eyes.

"No, you never asked. Well, not directly at least."

Things began to make more sense. What Hayley and Zac had been talking about in the car that first night, why Zac wanted to join the school's "gay frat," why Zac was always opposed to the idea of hooking up with girls. Taylor was shocked that the realization hadn't hit him sooner.

This would take Taylor a while to understand. He had grown up in a religious household in the South and was taught in church to believe that everything in the Bible should be taken as correct and factual. In reality, he was not any less of a sinner than Zac was. All Zac was doing was what made him happy. Even though Taylor was having a difficult time wrapping his brain around this concept, he understood that Zac deserved happiness.

"Let's go back to our room," Taylor said. He walked towards the door, but stopped just before opening it. "You don't...look at my stuff, right?"

Zac rolled his eyes. "You're not my type," he lied. Hopefully Taylor wouldn't catch on.