Chapter 12

4.9

~~~

Just before the garage opened for the day, Juice and Chibs waited in the carport for their V.P.. As Chibs paced back and forth slowly, Jax approached them.

"What's going on?" Jax asked.

Chibs removed his sunglasses, "I need your advice brother." He reached over and pulled down Juice's collar, revealing the bruising on his neck.

"What about it?" Jax asked confused. "Thought you caught it on a security chain at Oswald's."

Juice looked painfully at Jax, which cause him to realize the origin of the bruises.

"Oh shit, Juice." Jax said.

"I don't know what happened man," Juice began. "I guess...doing the time. The Russians. Then, Miles, and..." Juice shook his head.

"I'm not sure how you should handle this." Chibs told Jax.

"It was a mistake." Juice assured. "I know that."

"All right, give us a minute." Jax said.

Juice walked out of the garage.

"Jesus Christ."

"Found him at Oswald's trying to hide the evidence." Chibs said.

"Son's don't kill themselves." Jax declared. "Club's gonna vote him out. No one's gonna trust him."

"I know."

"But you do?"

Chibs paused, "My first kill for the Irish-young constable in Omagh. My age. Me and him could have been classmates...I put two bullets in the back of that boys head. Never seen it coming...That shit broke Jackie. Came close to swingin from that tree myself."

Jax took a deep breath and looked over to Juice in the lot, "Big difference between thinking about it and actually doing it."

"Aye." Chibs said looking to Juice.

"Let me...let me watch him for a while, figure him out, find out where he's really at." Jax replied "And we got to get Clay to take him off this Cartel shit."

"Yeah okay." Chibs agreed, then his eyes widened. "Kat."

"Yeah. What about her?"

"Well does she know anything?"

"I'm not sure. Yesterday when I asked her why she was so spacey, she had no clue."

"Well we gotta make sure it stays that way. Let er' believe the Oswald story. Can't have something similar. Aye?"

"Agreed."

~~~

Clay and Jax meet with Alvarez and the Mayans and the cartel's Luis . There are two dozen Lobo gang members in town, making alliances for their coke. They don't know who the deals are with.

Henry Lin with the Asian gang has spread into the Niners' territory, LaRoy's turf. Clay wonders if LaRoy is the one branching out, which would explain why he's been MIA the last few times they've reached out to him like when they were  the Sonora cartel shooters. Jax proposes they move up a gun meet with the Niners to see what the deal is. Luis and his three dozen armed men will back them up. Jax points out privately to Clay that Luis' guys will slaughter the Niners if they're dealing with the Lobos. Clay says it might be time to . "Relationships are over-rated," he says.

~~~

Gemma had made a big breakfast for the club. Sitting comfortably around the table was Happy, Tig, Bobby, Jax and Ope with Clay at the head of the table. She continued to refill their drinks as the men scarfed down their plates.