t h i r t e e n

We'll be missing you...

*Esme's POV*

The next morning I woke up with a huge smile on my face as the memories of last night all flooded back to me.

I roll over and find that for once Celia was awake before me.

I slowly get out of bed and make my way to the kitchen.

I pass through the living room only to see Cecilia asleep on the sofa.

I roll my eyes with a laugh.

Typical.

I put some waffles in the toaster and make the two of us cups of coffee for breakfast.

*****

Lia and I walked arm in arm into our squads little hang out classroom.

We were welcomed with a chorus of "heys" from everyone.

 Cecilia went over to Nate, I looked around trying to find Levi but didn't see him.

"Hey guys,wheres Levi?" I asked.

Everyone shrugged.

"Probably just late,don't worry" Austin suggested. I nodded in reply.

The bell rang and Levi still wasn't here.

I told myself he was just ill.

By lunch I still hadn't seen him, he hadn't replied to my texts or calls either, I was beginning to worry.

I was walking through the hall towards the cafeteria when I saw familiar brown curly locks.

"Levi!" I shouted.

Levi turned and his eyes met mine.

Levis eyes widened in panic and he began to walk faster.

I ran and caught up with him.

"Levi!" I shouted grabbing his arm.

Levi pinned himself to the lockers his eyes shut tight and the rest of his face screwed up tight as if I was about to hurt him.

"I'm sorry,sorry,Im sorry,I didn't-" he stammered

"Levi shut up!" I shouted cutting him off.

Levi looked at me his eyes filled with panic and tears.

"Whats wrong? Why are you sorry?" I asked.

"I'm sorry about being a burden,and for thinking I was your friend" Levi explained letting his tears fall down his cheeks.

"What? Levi you're not-" But before I could finish my sentence he had pushed away and disappeared again.