Chapter Twenty-Seven

It is the first day of school, senior year for Georgie Ash and I, and first day of Kindergarten for Mya. "Mya, time to get up." I shake her gently. She perks up, and goes to her closet. "Wish I was that excited for school." Georgie laughs. Mya picks out a pair of jeans, pink flannel and cowgirl hat, and her boots. I wear ripped jeans, a white tee shirt, converse, and Ash's varsity jacket.

We go downstairs, and eat some eggs Lou made. "Thanks Lou." I say with my mouth full. "Come one Mya, time for school." I say picking her up. "Bye." Lou waves.

I go outside and Ash is already in the truck. "Hey." I smile. "Is that my varsity jacket?" He asks. "Ya is it okay that I wear it?" I ask. "It's awesome, you look beautiful in it." He smiles. "Thanks." I blush. We get in the car, and drive Mya to school. "Have a good day Mya." Ash says as her and I go to walk into her school. "Come." She commands. Ash smiles, and gets out to walk in with us.

"Hi who are you?" A woman asks Mya. "Hi I'm Mya!" She shakes the teacher's hand. "I'm Ms.A." The teacher smiles. "I'm Tana, Mya's mother." I shake her hand. "And this is Ash, her father." I introduce. "Nice to meet you. Now you go I'll take her from here." Ms.A days. "Thanks." I smile. "Have a good day, make lots of friends." I say kneeling and hugging Mya. "Have fun squirt." Ash says. "Bye!" Mya says, turning and running off."

We get in the car and I start to tear up. "Hey what's up?" Ash asks. "She is so grown up." I wipe my eyes. "Why did you introduce me as her father?" Ash asks. "Because I think of you as her father." I say. "So does Mya." I add. Ash smiles, and turns on the car to drive to our last first day of Highschool.