Umm, who's there?

Narration

There was a faint stepping noise coming for the directing of the kitchen. They were getting louder and louder, until you could hear the breathing of whoever was there. It was very quiet, it was only 9:43 am.

"Umm, who's there?" Mike said worringly, reaching for his  acrobatics trophy but almost knocking over everything. He was very shaky. Who would want to come into his house? He slowly got up creeping towards the door with his trophy at hand. He reached for the door and thought to himself, he can take on whatever or whoever is there!

He slammed the door open yelling "Who's there! What do you want!" He looked both ways down the hallway, there was nobody. He knew nobody would go left, there was just a mirror. So he went right and headed to the kitchen. Nobody, he looked everywhere and there was nobody. He must be going crazy, nobody was in the house.

He put back his trophy, went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. nothing good so he grabbed the bread and put two slices in the toaster. The sound of it popping up scared the living daylights out of him. He was already shaky enough from earlier. He took some peanut butter and spread it across the top.  When he was done he headed to the living room to find a book he got recently. Not with his million, he wanted it all to show his family when they were back.

There was creaking. He continued browsing the bookshelf. More creaking, slowly getting louder. He grabbed his book and twirled around. He went I. complete shock, his eyes widened. He saw someone. They seemed to have hair covering their face, they ran across the hallway where his parents slept and where the bathroom was. there was no way he was gonna see what it was.