5

Henry Russels 

Even though the doctor recommended some rest, I can't just sit still. Not with what I know now. I only took a cup of tea to have like ten minutes to myself and everyone left me alone. Alpha order, I suppose. 

Now I'm looking for Keaton.I need to talk to him first. But being outside again, everyone I see asks me if I'm okay. Just like with what happened? Like I can answer that. 'I'm looking for Keaton. I need to talk to him.' Actually, I barely know the guy but I think that he's on the list as well. Which means that this pack is in danger.

'I'm Keaton.' A man comes tome. He looks older. Like he's in his mid thirty.

Right. By his full name. 'Is your name Keaton Wyatt?'

He nods. 'Yes, what is this about?'

'I have something to show you.' I get my phone out of my pocket. I unlock the screen and get the picture. 'I can only show you this. Talking about it is not possible. We'll put everyone in danger.' I hand over my phone.

Keaton looks at the list and his face turns pale. 'I know a few on this list.' He turns around.'We need to talk to Collin. His office is soundproof. We can talk there.'

Hoping that Collin is in the alpha house, I knock on the door. After a moment I feel relieved that he opens the door himself. 'We need to talk to you in your office.'

Collin just nods and leads the way. Where he closes the door himself. 'I can smell some fear on you, Keaton, and I'm not used to it from you. What's going on?'

'Show him.' Keaton gestures with his head to Collin. 'But how do you even know about this? This is some sort of a hit list.'

I shake my head. 'I think it's more like a dead pool.' I show Collin the list. 'Apparently, this is a list of names of werewolves who have a power or something like that. I also realize now that seeing my own name on it, caused me to have a panic attack. I don't even know what I can do.'

Keaton sits down. 'I'm on the list too and nobody here knows what I am. Only you do.'

'Right.' Collin looks at me with his dark brown eyes. 'How do you even get a hold of this list?How did it come to your possession?'

'This stays between the three of us?' I want to know first. The hell that I will give up my informant with the hunters. The informant who is also my friend.

Immediately Collin nods.'Yes.'

Keaton agrees to it.

I sit on the leaning of the chair. 'I have someone on the inside with the hunters. He passes me information from time to time, or that he helps me to stay out of their hands. He called me today to inform me about that Wade caught a werewolf who used to be a rogue. Ten months ago they found him first but he escaped. That same rogue had an encounter with another werewolf and in a fight, he got bitten. It turns out that the rogue has gone back to normal. The normal black eyes again, being able to shift to his human form.' I shake my head. 'Here's the crucial point, he said that he would want to find someone again. When he actually lost his mate. That's the thing that turned him rogue in the first place.'

'It's possible if he got bitten by a Breaker.' Keaton says.

Making me turn my head.'Whatever it is, it caught Wade's attention and now he's hunting werewolves with a special power.'

'They are called Gifted.' Again Keaton almost cuts me off. 'Some of us have a gift, as you could call it. There are Healers, Breakers, Dreamers, Therapists, Protectors, and Elders. I'm an Elder myself, that means superintelligence and I had two former lives which I remember.'