7

Henry Russels 

As soon as we're back at the packhouse, I immediately go upstairs. Along the drive here, I told Keaton that it's better to leave as fast as we can. With only the important things in my backpack. Just like I change my clothes to all black. Cargo pants, a tank, henley shirt and my jacket. A few shirts extra in my bag.

Downstairs, I head to the kitchen for a one and a half liter bottle. For water on the road. If it wasn't that late at night, some of them might see me. Eh, who am I kidding. I can make myself almost invisible. For the last time, I check my bag and the small emergency kit. I don't go traveling without one. 

After that, I walk out of the packhouse. Waiting for Keaton so that we can leave.

'Henry?'

'Yes.' I come out of the shadow.

Keaton seems a bit anxious. Still, he's dressed easily and go traveling. 'I need to talk to Collin first. I can't just leave like this in the middle of the night without leaving anything behind.' A nervous sigh sounds from him. 'I hardly see you.'

I knew that he wanted to talk to Collin. 'I hope that he's awake because I'm not going to wake him up. Otherwise, others will hear us too and then it's impossible to leave unless it's six in the morning.'

His face changes and his scent smells like sadness. It hangs around him like an aura. 'I hope I can talk to him. Even though I have a letter also.'

Before we get to the alpha house, the door opens already with Collin standing in the doorway. 'You're leaving?' It shows on his face that he doesn't like it while looking at Keaton. 'I wanted to know how the meeting was?'

I need to keep this conversation short so that we can leave. The more time we need to get on the road is the time the hunters need to kill someone again. 'The meeting was fine. They get it that we're all in danger. I'm going to other packs to alert them and Keaton is coming with me.'

Collins' head turns to the man next to me while leading us to his office and closing the door. 'You're leaving?'

'It's true.' Keaton nods with a deep sigh. 'It will be safer if I would leave the pack for a while. I don't want to risk anyone here to take a bullet because of me.'

A bit of fear is noticeable on Collin. 'Are you kidding me? We can keep you safe here. No one knows what you are, nor that the hunters don't even know where to look for you.'

I shake my head. 'Collin, you've seen the list. The Elders are trying to figure out what to do about the hunters. In the meantime, we will be going to alert the others... You know that this is the right thing to do, even if it doesn't feel that way.' I can only thank my father for being able to think fast and rational. 'Collin, come on. If the hunters will find him here in your pack they will kill every single one them. Saving you two for last, so that they can slowly kill you the most brutal way, making Keaton watching it and hoping that he would give up names from others.' I really hate it to say this.

Keaton looks shocked. 'Really? All for a couple names?'

'Yes, and you will break at some point. Simply because these people are capable of killing your family and alpha right in front of your eyes.' I turn my head a bit to see his eyes. Hoping that I can get to him like this. 'That's what I would do if I was a hunter. I would make you watch as I would kill every one of them. Saving the children for later, after that the alpha and if you still don't talk then I'll torture you.'

Collin even turns pale. 'You wouldn't.' Even his eyes light up a familiar yellow gold color. 'What does that mean?' A growl sneaks his way into his voice.

I think about it for a second. 'Know your enemy and think like one, to be able to stay ahead of them.' I shake my head. 'This is taking too long, Keaton. We need to go to get to the next pack but also to keep this pack safe.' My eyes trail back to Collin. 'Thank you for your hospitality.' I shake his hand and turn around. 'You have one minute. I'll wait outside.' 

********************

Any thoughts, comment or votes??? They're all welcome. ;) 

And sorry that it took that long. Having to maintain 2 websites where I write, is harder then I thought it would be. 

Just like I really need to finish stories. Coming up with a new idea is actually quite easy for me. XD 

Hopefully, the next update will be sooner than this time.