25

Henry Russels 

Tomas turns out to be quite a quick student. Simply training for the morning and after lunch, he's a bit more experienced and he managed to put a few of them on their back. Sure they had their moment to bit him and I was tempted to intervene but I didn't. It's all for the better this way.

Even when dinner was over he wanted to train again. Only I had to stop him. No one ever has three training sessions in one day. Otherwise, he would start to feel pain in his muscles.

Now we're in my room. Getting ready for bed.

'I wish you would've talked to me first before about training with the warriors.'

I turn to him when I hear his voice. 'We both know that we wouldn't get a moment alone to talk.' I take my pants off and get in bed. 'You do learn real quick.'

He sighs.

'I understand but you learn more if you would train with the warriors. They all have their own way of fighting. They have their own way of approaching things. That's better than to train with me alone.' I open the covers for him.

Which he accepts and within a second he's in my arms. 'Even when you know that I don't like talking in a big group like that. You could've talked to me first. With others around us, I have my own way of letting you know things.' Tomas nuzzles his head in my neck. 'We don't need many words to communicate, Henry.' He mumbles.

'I will next time, okay.' I give him a kiss on his cheek. 'Good night.' To fall asleep with him in my arms.

***

Though we don't get much rest when an alarm goes off. Without thinking I reach for my pants and put my boots back on. 'Tomas come on.'

'What is that noise?' Tomas hides under the covers to escape it.

'A frequent high pitch tone only we can hear. It means that there are hunters on the land. More than the warriors can handle who have patrol right now. It's all hands on deck. Let's go.' I throw the covers off of him. 'Get dressed.' Quickly I put a white tank on.

The alarm stops equally quick and Tomas comes out of bed. 'Wasn't enough that we fought them this morning?'

I shake my head. 'I wish. But we will always have hunters after us.' I can see that he puts on the same clothes that I'm wearing. Except for that, his tank is grey.'Let's go.' I open the door and run downstairs. Where the front door just closes. 'Hey.' I see Declan standing in just sweatpants, shoes and a black tank. 'Don't keep all the fun to yourself.'

'What are you doing out of bed?' Declan looks from me to Tomas and back. 'Right now, I need trained and skilled warriors...'

'He learns fast and you need everyone.' I interrupt him. 'And this means that one of the hunters saw a chance of getting away before the fight started this morning. Otherwise,  you wouldn't have them on your land right now.' 

Declan nods. 'Yeah, I got that already.' He growls mad. 'Secure your house and after that in a circle around the community. Make sure that nobody gets through.'

Here and there some growling sounds. As a sign that they've heard their alpha.

'You're with me, just like Tomas.' Declan walks around the house.

Only to duck immediately to avoid a few arrows coming our way. We're surrounded. With the most hunters right here, I suppose. Easy enough I hit a few arrows out of the air. Just like I catch one before it can hit Tomas. Snarling I show my canines. Archers first. Even without a warning, I run up to the hunters. Though I can avoid some arrows, I still get a few in my body. They used silver because it burns a bit. I yank it out of my body. Let's see if they can take an arrow to the chest.

Together with Declan, we reach the line of hunters with a crossbow. Using an uppercut, directly followed with my other claw I kill the man. After breaking his crossbow, I go to the next one. I get two arrows shoot at me but I catch them both, to use them to kill two more hunters.

Just from the corner of my eye, I can see that Tomas is able to kill a few of them as well, and I can only feel proud of him. A pain goes through my body and I can see two tin wires. A stun gun. Here's why I don't use weapons like these. I pull them out and yank it out the hands from the hunter. Only to shoot back at him to taser his ass. Shaky he falls to the ground. Laughing on the inside at these morons. That's right, I know what kind of weapons you use. Even though I don't like it, I do know how to use it. Without any remorse, I kill another by biting in his neck. While my claws are ripping at someone else's heart.

Again with the arrows and I get ten of them in my chest. This time I don't even bother to take them out of it. That can wait. Turning my pain into anger, I keep on killing the hunters with Declan by my side. Tomas a little behind me but I took those arrows so that he won't be hurt by it that much.

Declan seems out of breath while facing a hunter with a large shotgun in his hand.

No! As loud as possible, I growl at the man while running up to him. Ducking under the gun, I tear it out of his hands to hit him with the back of the gun. Mad I break the gun in two pieces. Letting my tongue slip between my canines, I look furious at the guy. Now the growling comes from down my throat and it was never this deep or mad, for that matter. Giving him no chance to move or to react, I jump up to him to take quite a bite out of his neck.

A single yelp causing me to stop.

'Stop it!' A hunter holds a gun to Tomas' head. 'I swear to God, I will kill him.'

**********************

A bit of action, I thought it was necessary because it became to easy for a while. ;p 

Stay tuned for the next chapter and you find out how this ends. Next upload might be soon or just the next weekend.