30

Tomas Donovan

I really don't know what to think. First I wake up alone in bed with a rose on his pillow. But after that, I could hear him talking, and fighting with Declan. What was that about anyway? Though, I couldn't help it to walk to the window as soon as I heard my name.

For a while, I needed some time to myself but now I'm looking for Henry. I never knew that so much trouble him. And that he keeps it all to himself. Just for a second, my mind takes me back to the morning that I held him in my arms. Crying and blaming himself for everything.

What is going on? The only thing I ever heard is that his name is on a list. A Deadpool, and that hunters want him dead. He's mine now. I've marked him last night. God, he's amazing. He even let me do so much to him.

'Tomas, Declan needs you.' Someone comes for me. 'It's about Henry.'

My heart drops. What about Henry? I guess the fear shows a bit and I quicken my pace to get back to the alpha house.

'Thank you, Shawn, go back to the others.' Declan seems to be waiting for me. 'And you have to hurry up. They left about two hours ago, I couldn't stop him.'

I get my backpack from him. What? Did he leave me here? 'No?' I whisper.

'Tomas, don't, you know why he travels.' Declan shakes his head. 'Although, it's quite noble for what he's doing, he forgets to think about what he needs. He always put others over his own well being. They're heading for the Wildrose pack. If you hurry up, you can catch up on them.'

Huh, he does what? Still, it gets to me. Just like I realize that the man is right. Henry did everything to help me, without asking many questions. He did what I asked him too and he bit me. Now he's doing the same with the other Gifted. He's doing everything he can, to help them out. It's not fair. I need him too. I want him to take more care of himself.

The alpha lays his hand on my shoulder. 'Look, you know what you saw last night. That hunter who pointed a shotgun at me. Remember what Henry did? You know what he did when someone held a gun to your head.'

A shiver runs down my spine, as I slowly nod. I will never forget that I had a gun to my head. The way that Henry came to help me. Or how he murdered the two hunters yesterday morning.

'If you want to help him than make him see that he needs to help himself first. Help him to face his past but he also needs a sign that he can trust you. Tell him a little more about yourself. It doesn't have to be all your secrets or your past. Just how old you are, where are you from, what do you like the most about traveling. Start small.' He assures me. 'Henry wanted to give you a choice. You could travel on your own or you can go after him.'

I shake my head. Never! I will not leave him! 'I won't.' I can't believe that I say a few words to him.

'Than go after him. Follow your nose, it will lead you right to him.' He relaxes. 'There are some sandwiches in your bag. Don't take a break before you know that you're right behind them. The hunters might be coming again.'

'Thank you.' Henry, you ass. I told you that I will not let you go away. You have my mark on your neck. With a small nod, I start to walk in the direction that he pointed out to me. The way he always holds me in his arms and to fall asleep like that. I feel a blush on my cheeks by thinking about last night. We fell asleep while we were still connected. Damn it! I shouldn't have wandered off so far. Now he has quite a head start on me.

Wait for me, please! You know that I wouldn't want to travel on my own. Not now that I have you. The tears start to burn. I quicken my pace and try to find his scent.

After a while, I catch his scent. Which is a mix of nutmeg, oak wood and even a bit of my own. That will make it easier. But what am I gonna do when I see him? Instead of talking to me, he said everything to his friend Declan. You know what? No. I'll hit him first and then I'll kiss him. The fist is for not coming to me.

Damn you! I am starting to trust you, Henry. I talk more to you than to anyone else for that matter. Don't you think that I will try to talk more during the day. I just need a little more time. That's all.

Even his scent was very faint to me, it's slowly getting stronger. Well, at least he travels as a human and not as a wolf. Wait, I can cover more ground as a wolf. He'll never see me coming like that and I will have the element of surprise.

As fast as I can, I put my clothes in my bag and I shift to my wolf. Who was begging and whining to be let out any way. With my bag in my mouth, I start to run. Following Henry's scent. I'm coming and don't you dare walk away without me again.

I have no idea how long I'm following him like this until I can hear the voice of Keaton. That means that I found them. I hold on tighter to my bag and run further. When I'm even closer I can see them both.

Just a little bit. I get closer and throw my bag, with a swing at Keaton while I jump for Henry.

'Get off of me.'

Does he not realize that it's me? I struggle to stay on top but I feel his feet on my stomach. Trying to kick me away. Wait! I lick his neck first and nuzzle my head in the one place I feel safe. In his neck. The same side where I can see my mark on him.

'Henry?'

Yeah, it's me. Without hesitation, I shift back. 'Don't ever do that again.' I kiss his neck. 'I said that I won't let go.' I lift my head up. Even with tears. 'Although I should be mad at you, I can't do that.'

Lucky enough he just cuddles me and I 'm happy to be in his arms again.

'I'll leave you two alone... And that you can get dressed, Tomas.' Keaton walks away.

*****************************

And another update. ;p 

I don't use Tomas POV much. Just now and then. It's mostly from Henry's POV. 

But it's weekend and just enjoy it. Don't forget to vote. Till next time.