41

Henry Russels 

I give him a kiss when I can hear noises coming our way. Shit. Why does anyone want to ruin this moment with him? This is the moment we cherish the most. Being still one and cuddling. I get up and pull my clothes on.

Tomas is getting up quick as well to get dressed.

'What are you doing here?' A man curses at me.

I pull my shirt on, that I just had in my hand. 'Traveling.' I rub gently over Tomas' arm as a sign that it's okay. 'We're just passing through. We have to get to California.'

'This is still our land. Why are you here?'

I cross my arms, as I get to see that Keaton stands right behind me. 'You expect me to answer you, while you stand all hostile against us?'

'Who are you to talk to me like that? I'm Cody and I'm the alpha of the Syringa pack.' The man says with fire in his eyes. 'This my land.' Even his eyes glow up but it's a mix of yellow-gold and light red.

I get the feeling as I should help him. Like there's something pulling me to him. It's different from what I feel for Tomas. 'Maybe you want to stay the alpha as well.' I think quickly. 'Or do you want to leave the pack?' I walk up to him.

'What is that suppose to mean!' He growls at me.

Only to be growled back at by Tomas, who isn't far away.

I grab his chin to be sure about it. Even I can't deny it being pulled to him. 'You're eyes seem to have a light-red glow. Do you want me to help you or do you prefer to turn rogue completely?'

This time Cody's eyes turn back to deep blue eyes. His normal color. 'Can you?' He almost whispers. 'I know that I'm harder on my pack lately. They shouldn't have to suffer from what I've been through.'

I nod to him. 'I can.' Just one thing. I can't go all the way to his house or pack land. 'But it has to be here because I need to be in time for an important meeting in Crestline.'

'I understand.' Cody moves his sleeve to his upper arm. 'Will it heal?'

Tomas comes up to me. As insurance to catch me.

'Yes, it will heal. You're absolutely sure about this?' I need to know.

'I am.' Again with the nodding. 'Hundred percent.' Cody sticks his arm out. 'It doesn't matter where right?'

I smile at him. 'Stay behind me.' I say to Tomas. To be sure that I don't fall over. I take his arm but he can't hide it that he shakes a bit. 

'I was looking for one of you, already. I prayed for it.' Cody closes his eyes. Waiting for the bite. 'Do it.'

Knowing it is with his permission, I let my canines come out and I lift his arm a bit higher. Then I bite him. The moment my canines break his skin, I'm being overwhelmed by the feeling of grief. He lost his mate and I know it. It was breaking his heart already. Crying himself to sleep every night. Being isolated because it's hard for him to see the others with their mate. Of course, the next emotion is loneliness. Isolating yourself from the pack must have caused physical pain. Not just emotionally. The pain comes from deep down his heart. It almost reaches mine but then I feel a hand in my back.

Tomas!

That is just enough to secure my heart. Since he's in there and I don't want to lose him. I don't! I love you, Tomas! When I notice my surroundings again, I'm pressed to a chest with tears down my face. 

'Ssh. I'm here.' Tomas whispers.

I sniff his scent and it calms me down immediately. Being happy that he's just here for me, makes me kiss him shortly. Then I turn back around. 

'If there's anything I can do for you, let me know. You just helped me save my pack.' Cody seems to be relieved. Like he can breathe again.

'There is.' However, we're outside so I can't just talk about it. My phone. 'Hold on, I can't say it but there's another way.' I start typing that the hunters know about the Gifted and that there's a Deadpool. That he needs to secure the ones in his pack. After that, I give it to Cody.

'O my God.' Shocked he looks up. 'What about them?'

'Let them travel for awhile. It's the safest way.' Keaton gets it too. As long as he doesn't mention a name it will be fine. 

I take my phone back and this time to add a contact. 'If you would give me your number, I can contact you later and tell you more.' I look around. 'This is not the place for this conversation.' 

'No problem.' Cody agrees and puts his name and number in my phone.

'What is going on?' Some guy with blonde hair and light blue eyes, asks.

Cody shakes his head. 'I need you to call Xander, Caleb, Miranda, and Ron for me. Let them come to my office. Go.'

The man nods a bit disappointed but then he disappears.

'We need to leave too. Good luck.' I can see his eyes have a normal color between yellow and gold. It's different for any alpha, I suppose. Like it works as a sort of fingerprint. All with their own unique color. 

With a smile he lets us go. His arm, where I bit him, seems to have healed already. Like it was a regular wound. 'Good luck to you as well. Call me.'

***************

And slowly back to the action. You can definitely say that Henry is learning how to use his gift. Fingers crossed, that everything will work out just fine. 

Stay tuned for more.