Epilogue

Henry Russels 

Three months later...

'Felicity White, you are found guilty of murdering Charlotte Little with premeditation. You are hereby scented to twenty years in prison. Case closed.' The judge uses his hammer.

Words that I've been waiting for. Ever since the investigation was handed out to the lawyers it was out of my hands. Just once was I called to the bench to explain the evidence that we found. Finally justice for Charlotte, Tomas' mate from back then.

'Thank you, Harley, for everything.' I shake the mans' hand. He was the lawyer for the state who pressed charges against Felicity.

'You're welcome.' Harley loosens his tie. 'Go home and tell Tomas.'

It helps that he's just like us. A werewolf. Though, he won by being persistent and determined to get the truth out. 'I will.' I get to my car but not without having to walk through a line of journalists and photographers. Asking all about the case. It's not up to me to explain. That's for the lawyers who've represented the case.

The ride back home takes too long before I arrive back at the alpha house. In just three months things have changed. Together with Tomas we moved in in the house and have like a wing all to ourselves. He's learning everything he needs to know to be the alpha. And me? I've got a contract with the police and I'm a detective now. I love my job.

'He should be here! I needed him, his help with a few things. No one could even find him.'

Voices are coming out of the office. Where Tomas and Christian work almost day and night. All for Tomas to learn to be a proper alpha for the pack.

'Luna Adeline was gone for the day but so is luna Henry. I will not have this. He needs to be here.' 

I look inside and find an angry Alessa, who clearly is looking for blood. Since the mood in the office changes to something else.

Tomas's eyes widen when he sees me. They even turn dark and lust comes on to him.

Well, I went to court so that means decent clothes. I'm wearing dark blue pants with a white button-up shirt and dark blue jacket matching my pants. A tie finishes it. Just like normal black shoes. Right now, I can't wait to get out of this and back in cargo pants with a T-shirt or tank top. That's still my favorite. Or jeans, but it's still casual. I don't need a uniform for my work.

'Remember your place, Alessa.' Christian stands up. 'They're not the alpha yet.'

What is this really about? 'If you really have a problem with me, then you need to talk to me first. But don't go behind my back to complain about me to someone else who doesn't know what is going on.' I defend myself while walking inside. 'And I had to go to court today.'

Alessa huffs at me. 'You don't need to work. You need to stay here with the pack. That's your place, being the luna.'

'Then who needs to pay for the bills? Not all of us have the luxury to stay at home twenty-four seven.' I know because Adeline, Tomas' mother is teaching me everything I need to know to be the luna. In my case, that means helping out with the administration, supporting the wives around here and to make sure that the land is protected.

'True,' states Christian. 'This is not the time for it, Alessa. It's been a long day for some of us. Go home.'

Saying that, makes me feel more tired than I already am. Happy enough, I see that Alessa leaves. Only to feel the arms of Tomas around me. 'It seriously looks like the drive back here takes longer every time.'

Chuckling Tomas gives me a kiss. 'But you're home. How was court?'

I push him away. 'Good, and I have good news. Felicity White is found guilty of sabotaging the car and for that she's been charged with murder with premeditation of Charlotte Little. She's been sent to jail for twenty years.'