31

Henry Russels 

I can't believe that Tomas is a man of his word. To jump me like that. I heard something but it was to fast to react even. It is that he licked and nuzzled away in my neck. There is only one who would do that.

Fora second, I thought that it could be a rogue. But it's Tomas. God, it hurts to leave without him but couldn't stay anymore. There's still a Deadpool going on and this morning I got a text from my friend with again a name on it. Which made me angry for staying that long with Declan.

I lift his head up. 'It's not like I left you behind.' I shake my head.'There's someone dead. I couldn't stay anymore.' God, my blood boils by finding out that the hunters killed a Gifted. I really want to do something about it.

Slowly I push him off of me and grab the bag that Keaton almost got in his face. 'You can aim, by the way. You almost knocked Keaton down with your bag.' I open his bag and find his clothes on top of it. Throwing his boxers to him. Followed by the cargo pants, a black tank top, and the jacket. All black. Socks and the combat boots are last. 

Tomas smiles while getting dressed quick. Doubts show in his eyes when he ties his shoes. Like he's making a difficult choice. 'Keaton, come back.'

'What?'Surprised that Keaton is, he comes back. 

Leaving me baffled. He never talks to anyone but me. 'Tomas?' I wonder what happened to him that he says a few words to Keaton. 

Keaton seems just as shocked. 'You never talk to me.'

'Sorry.' He still keeps his head down. 'I know we travel for a while together.' Then to turn around to me.

Yeah, for like four or five days by now together. 'Tomas.' This is quite a surprise. 

'I'm Tomas Donovan and, I'm nineteen years old.' It seems like his brain is spinning and that he's select with what he wants to share.'Originally, I'm from Washington.' For a second there's a differencenoticeable in his eyes.

Quickly, I lay my hand on his shoulder. 'Only if you really want to, Tomas.' I really don't want to force him. After all, I understand that this must be hard for him. 'And I'm eighteen. I come from Quebec.' I don't know what it is and why he's ready to talk a bit more.

'Isn't that Canada?' Tomas asks.

'Yes.' I nod to him. 'Somewhere in the middle close to a lake.'

A few clear brown eyes, almost hazel color like, look at me. 'I want to talk to you tonight. Alone.'

The only thing I can do is to nod. 'Sure, but we need to keep moving. In a few hours, we can reach the Wildrose pack.'

'I'm Keaton Wyatt and I'm thirty-four.' Keaton smiles a bit.

Yet we're both caught off guard by Tomas since he never talked this much. Or at least to Keaton. I wonder what happened? Was it my conversation slash fight with Declan? Or is it something else?

At the same time, we continue our road to North Dakota. From which we're close to the border. However, we haven't set one foot in the state or I can hear the sound of animals running. Really? Did they hear us? I look at Tomas, who's silently next to me holding my hand.

'It looks like they're expecting us.' Keaton takes a look around.

I suppose so. 'They are ahead of us.' I gesture somewhere in front of me. Although, I can hear sounds coming from my left and right. Who's in control here, again? 'Just let me do the talking.'

Tomas takes a deep breath. 'You know many packs and alpha's?'

'Well, I travel for two years so I know a few.' I smile at him. 'I don't know everybody but I have been here before.' Oliver, that's his name. 

Then a couple wolfs jump out of the trees. Just like a few warriors who haven't shifted.

'Is Oliver here too?' I want to know. 

Someone shakes his head. 'No, he's at home and for a good reason. It's a good thing that I recognize you. Hello Henry.' 

'Sam, who've you been?' I walk up to the man and shakes his hand. 'I need to talk to your alpha. It's important.' 

Samwell, who only listens to Sam, welcomes us this time and walks next to me to lead the way. 'I'm good. How are you?' His look goes to my hand, where I'm still holding hands with Tomas. 'Is he your mate?'

'Yes.' I answer straight away. I do have his mark on my neck. 'Doesn't it show.' I roll with my eyes and turn my head a little.

Sam starts to laugh. 'Yeah, that's quite a statement.' 

*****************************************

And another update. Because it's weekend. XD 

The next one will be uploaded next weekend again. Or so I think. It depends on my week, I guess. ;) 

Don't forget to leave your comment and vote. If you have a recommendation for a story, I want to know.  

Also, thank you to everyone who added this story or the first part of this serie.