Chapter 6: Dragons

[Skylar's POV]

"Why are you even here? Don't you have gym stuff to attend to?"

I'm not being rude. Trust me, Blue's used to my random sarcasm.

"I decided to take a month off for vacation." he simply said, smirking. "Anyway, prank war the day after tomorrow okay?"

We always have a prank war once a year. It's become a tradition.

"If Lack-Two allows so." I said, not wanting his house to end up in chaos.

"Alright, in one condition: Whoever loses has to clean up everything." Lack-Two replied, grabbing the remote.

"No problem. I'm sure Skylar will have fun cleaning up." Blue said. "Night."

"Don't be too sure about that." I said, watching him enter the hallway. Once he was out of earshot, I spoke again.

"That was close." I layed down on the sofa.

"Too close." Lack-Two said, switching the channels. "This place is becoming a hotel, no offense. I appreciate the company."

"I know. I'm surprised you're not charging any of us."

He laughed. "Maybe when I'm out of cash."

I reached out to grab the card that was on the table. "This almost looks authentic at some point. It convinced them. Thanks again."

"I have my ways, Skylar. And you have yours." Lack-Two looked at me, then lowered his voice. "Your best friend trusts you too much. He'll be devastated when he finds out the truth."

"I can't just blurt everything out like a casual conversation." I sighed.

"You're having trust issues. You'll be in hot water before you know it." he warned me.

"I'll do my best. By the way, I saw him at the burgerhouse. He's using the name Genesis for now."

"Did you talk?"

"He's working as a cashier guy, so yes, but indirectly."

Two weeks ago, he sent me a note saying that Aqlastic was in Unova. It got intercepted by Silver, but good thing he thought it was for Lack-Two. Lack-Two gave it to me then.

Genesis is, well......... More than a friend. But don't get any ideas, it's not in a romantic way.

"Think he knows where they are already?" Lack-Two asked. Yes, he knows who Genesis really is. And by "they", he meant Aqlastic.

"Hopefully he should have by now. I'm getting bored." I said.

If Genesis wanted to tell me something, he would have slipped a note into my burger earlier. But he didn't.

"You training Selenium and Zinc later?" he asked. Selenium's my shiny Flygon.

"Not sure. Think I'll give them a rest for tonight." Lack-Two has been helping me train both dragons with combo attacks the past few days.

"Okay. Tell me if you need to forge anything else." Lack-Two said and continued switching channels.

"Sure, and thanks again."

"Lack-Two, could I talk to you?" Gold peeked from the hallway.

Holy Mother of Mew! Oh crap. Was he eavesdropping all along? If he heard our conversation, I'm so dead!

Lack-Two noticed my alarmed expression and shook his head. He had a view of the hallway from where he was sitting, right.

He stood up and threw the remote at me as he passed by. Still can't believe this guy. He's three years younger than me yet he has the looks of intimidation. Really.