Recap

|| Andy's POV ||

"I'll see you soon. Hopefully before I have to leave for warped tour." It hurt so much to say goodbye. Bringing Alex into my arms hugging her, she felt weak. I really never thought this day would have came as quick as it did. Christmas had just passed, though I didn't get anything for Alex, yet I wish I did, she wasn't so pleased about the thought if Christmas. I didn't see her until New Years Eve. Something felt off about her. She hadn't texted or called so I was a little taken aback. I really didn't know what happened. But I'm worried. When I saw her New Years Eve, I couldn't help but notice how her bruises started moving from her face to her arms. I didn't know what to think. Something was going on in that house, or outside of the house that began to worry me. Through out this week it was nothing but joy, laughter, flirtatious gestures, and a few tears here and there, but I never thought something of it. Until that night.

|| Flash Back ||

"Andy....please...I need help."

"Alex, what happened? Are you okay? Where are you?" All I could hear were her faint gasps for air, muffled screams, and a few punches being thrown.

"I-I'm at my house...Andy please, h-hurry. It's getting-"

"What are you doing?! Who are you talking to?!"

"No get away! Andy please!"

"Alex I'm on my way I promise!"

"Get away from her!" That was the last thing I heard before the phone call dropped. My heart was racing. Two different voices spoke, two children screaming, Alex crying. I couldn't take it. Racing to my car, all I could think of was the fear in Alex's tone. After climbing into the car, I quickly made my way toward Private Dr. I didn't know what I was about to witness, but I wasn't afraid. I've been through so much beating before that I don't care at this point. Whatever was about to come, wouldn't scare me.

Ring ring.

"Alex I'm outside are you okay?"

"Andy...." She coughed trying to catch her breath, "I'm coming.."

The call dropped again. I kept the engine running as I pulled up to her house. Her figure, hunched over slightly, made it's way to the passenger seat. I didn't ask questions, I didn't even want to look at her. I was afraid to see the damage. Driving off quickly, she coughed still catching her breath.

There's no way I'm going with the guys tonight.

Brandon was having a New Years party tonight, but seeing as Alex called out of the blue, I won't be attending. Finally realizing, my dad's house wasn't too far from Alex's. How is it that I had never seen her before then? Parking my car, I got out quickly walking to the other side. I couldn't risk her limping and making the damage worse, so I lifted her into my arms carefully grabbing her bag walking into the house. My moms were out at a party with friends and Katie for the night so I had the house to myself.

"A-Andy...y-you don't have to-"

"Shh...Alex it's fine." I made my way up the stairs to my room. Laying her down on the bed gently, I placed her bag on my desk. "I'll be right back with some ice packs. It's going to be okay. I promise." Without saying anything else I left the room.

|| End of Flash Back ||

I never pushed her into telling me about that night. I wanted to know but I couldn't pressure her. She wasn't ready to tell me anything and I respected that. I just didn't want to worry so much while I was gone. I couldn't let go of her. I wouldn't see her for a few months. Finally letting go, I looked into her eyes once more before kissing her temple.