Surprise

September 12, 2014

Dear Surprise, 

We have a class together! I remember walking in class last week on the first day of school, hoping I will have some friends, which I did by the way. But all throughout the day, I was hoping for you, too. 

You were with a cousin of yours and a few others I didn't know. I knew your cousin from art class last year, but I didn't say. We didn't talk to each other, but it was a small enough class to know each other existence. You introduced me, but I was still an awkward introvert with new people. Especially if it's a lot in one time.

The first week I sat near you, but after a week-long of not talking like before, I went to my other friend at the other side of the room. I was fine with the switch. I knew him for two years, so, I was comfortable with him.

Before and after each class we always greet each other with hugs. That's become our thing now. I love hugs, primarily yours.

So, now we're just silently talking using expressions from afar from our seats. Sometimes, I just stare in your direction just for the heck of it. And then you catch me staring and I get scared and anxious and look away.

If that's not a cliche way of telling you I like you then I don't know what is. But then again you don't read books, so you probably don't know what is cliche. 

Well, let's just see how this class is. If it's the same workload or more. If we will be able to sit near each other again and mess around. I would like that.

Hoping for the best,

The Cliche Girl