About the Book

I was told before by multiple people that I should write out my experiences because they can help people, so I did. This book was based on what actually happened in my life. I would like to point out that I initially did exclude some of the details near the end because I felt that they were too private, triggering, and vulnerable to post out into the world. As time went on, I figured it would benefit those who would read this so they can be more aware of the red flags.

I started writing this in 2017 and ended this in 2019. That's why the chapters dated before 2017 were really short because those events happened so long ago. I did try to make them long but at the time I was writing them it hurt to remember those times. Maybe when I'm strong enough and have the patience, I will make them better.

I wrote this in the hope other people will read this and know that they are not alone. In those times in 2017, I felt like I had no one to turn to. I was so disappointed in myself and ashamed to tell people what was going on. I was scared of people saying that I started it or I let it happen even though I knew I didn't. 

During the time I was writing this, a good friend of mine told me she was sexually assaulted by an old friend and she went to me because she knew I wouldn't look down on her. My stories helped her get through it and realize she won't be in this dark pit in her life forever. She can fight and heal to the best of her abilities and you know what? She's doing great and I'm so so proud of her.

Survivors of assault are always afraid of what people would say about them. Please if someone comes up to you and they tell you what happened, know how much effort and trust it took for them to say it. Give them all the patience they need and comfort them. If you have no one else to turn to, message me. I'm here for you all.

Thank you so much for reading. Over and out. 

If you or anyone you know is that dark pit in life, please refer to these hotlines:  

International Hotlines-

https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/200774284-Counseling-and-Prevention-Resources

Dating Abuse & Domestic Violence-

loveisrespect 1-866-331-9474 (24/7) or text loveis to 22522

National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

National Domestic Violence Hotline Spanish 1-800-942-6908

Depression & Suicide- 

Suicide Hotline 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)

Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-827-7571

Trevor Helpline / Suicide Prevention for LGBTQIA+ Teens 1-866-488-7386

S.A.F.E. (Self Abuse Finally Ends) 1-800-DONT-CUT

General Crisis Support by Text-

Text SUPPORT to 741-741 (24/7). 

Sexual Assault-

National Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)

RAINN (Rape, Abuse, Incest, National Network) 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)