02

[will's pov]

i could feel mike staring at me in class. when i look at him, i wonder if he feels the same way i do when he looks at me.

i'm sorry, that was weird for me to say.

i just wish they knew what i felt, i wish they understood. but they don't, they never do.

so i never tell them.

mike is the only one who always asks me what's going on. that's what he was doing right now actually.

[ mike's pov ]

"will?" i said waving my hand in front of his face. he shook his head slightly, coming out of this daze he's always in.

"are you okay?" i asked as we made eye contact. he slightly smiled and nodded, "yea, i'm fine." i smiled and threw my arm around his shoulder as we walked to our next class, joking around.

-

it was now lunch and we made our way to our usual table once we got our food.

will sat down across from me as lucas sat next to him, and dustin's next to me.

i sighed as i looked down at the school lunch on my tray. "i really need to start bringing my own lunch," i said disgusted.

"that looks like lucas," dustin said as he pointed to the weird mush on the plate in front of me.

we all laughed except for lucas. "very funny idiot," lucas joked. "i know i am," dustin said proudly which only made me chuckle and shake my head. "funny or an idiot?" lucas questioned. dustin ignored him.

will smiled at them before opening his own lunch and taking out a sandwich. i didn't realize will caught me looking.

"want half?" i heard him ask. "huh?" i said. "of my sandwich," he said while gesturing towards the half of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich in his hand.

"oh, are you sure? you don't have-" i got cut off by him. "it's fine mike, here," he set the sandwich on my tray and lightly laughed.

"thank you," i said relieved because i didn't have to eat the school's gross food.

"no sweat," he said as he took a bite of the sandwich.

"well well well, look at the faggot and his friends," i heard troy laugh as he was talking about will. will sighed and tried to ignore them.

"what the fuck do you want now troy?" i said rolling my eyes.

"nothin', just wondering what this fairy's up to," he said snickering again. he always calls will "fairy" because he's basically calling him gay. as if it was an insult to begin with.

"well, i personally think it's cool being called a fairy," i said taking a bite of the sandwich will gave me.

"huh?" troy said.

will looked up, surprised.

"you're saying it as if it's an insult, troy. are you really that dense that you have to be a dick to everyone you come across and make them feel like shit too?" i said standing up.

"you better watch your mouth, wheeler," he spat trying to act tough.

"or what? you gonna call me fairy too? big deal. you gonna try to fight me? big deal. i suggest you take you and your other little friend, and walk the fuck away from our table," i said as i glared at him and sat back down.

he shook his head and walked away.

will stared at me as if i was some hero.

"woah.." he sighed.

i laughed lightly, "what?"

"i just- i didn't expect- thanks mike," he said stuttering a bit over his words.

"hey it's no problem, besides, i was tired of his bullshit anyways," i smiled and then took another bite of my sandwich.

-after school-

will, lucas, dustin and i walked out of school, heading to the bike rack.

"i'm telling you, my mom is having a relationship with my cat," dustin said as he took his bike out of the bike rack.

"your mom is not having a relationship with your cat!" lucas said for the third time.

"whatever you say, but if you saw my mother with it, you would think otherwise," dustin said and lucas only shook his head.

i laughed and then turned to will before i got on my bike, "do you have a ride?" i asked.

will sighed and shook his head.

"so you walked here this morning?" i said surprised.

he nodded his head. "hey, hop on," i said as i slightly scooted up on my bike more.

"what?" he questioned.

"hop on my bike, byers. we can hangout at your house if you want," i smiled.

will smiled back, "alright."

"i'm gonna take will home," i said to lucas and dustin. "what about our campaign?" dustin complained.

"we can do it tomorrow," i said louder because they were behind me.

"aw come on," dustin groaned.

"chill out spaz, my mom said you all could stay over tomorrow, so we can do it then," i said and started riding down the road towards will's house.

[will's pov]

i was nervous as i wrapped my arms around mike's waist. i didn't want to make him uncomfortable so i loosely wrapped my arms around him.

"you can hold on tighter," mike said not looking behind him.

i slightly blushed. i think he could feel me contemplating whether if i should or not. "it's fine will," mike chuckled. i then wrapped my arms around him a little bit tighter, scared of letting go.

mike meant too much to me, and for some reason i felt like i needed to hold on tight.

— —

i hope you enjoyed! and please don't come at me for writing about byler.