08

song; eulogy-stranger things soundtrack [even though there are no words, it's still a pretty emotional instrumental.]

[will's pov]

i don't know what was happening, but whatever it was, it was great. mike makes it seem like that he might have feelings for me too, but yet he also shows those feelings towards jane. is it possible to like boys and girls? i sound stupid, of course it's possible. i might have to ask my mom about it.

i fell asleep that night feeling mike's fingertips in my hair. it hurts knowing that i will never compare to jane. how he will always be looking at her, and not at me. tonight i really thought maybe my thoughts weren't true, but i overthink everything. i just hope..that he doesn't forget about me.

-next morning-

i woke up to people talking. "oh c'mon mike, it was so cute! you can't tell me you two don't have anything going on," i heard dustin's voice say. mike sighed, "no, there isn't anything going on. we just fell asleep like that, now leave it alone." "mike, you know it's okay to have these types of fe-" lucas was cut off. "okay well i don't! i don't like will like that! and i am for sure not gay, now leave me alone about it!" mike huffed as i heard his footsteps go up the stairs. dustin and lucas sighed.

my heart sank. is this what heartbreak feels like? to know that no matter what happens, the person will never love you the way you love them? because that's how i was feeling right now. mike never felt that way about me, but yet he showed signs that he did. unless it was just me hoping he did. i "woke" up and stood from the couch. dustin looked at me, and that's when he knew i was awake the whole time.

he looked at me with concern taking over his face and he opened his mouth, "will, i-" i shook my head. "it's okay dustin, i'm okay," i tried to smile, but failed. i grabbed my things and slipped on my shoes. "see ya later guys," i said, not even looking at him as i walked up the stairs. i saw mike in the kitchen. "oh, hey will. my mom's going to make us so-" "sorry, i'm gonna leave now. thanks for having me over and tell your mom i said thanks for letting me stay," i said while opening the front door.

mike looked confused, "is something wrong? you know you can talk to m-" "yeah i know, mike! now bye," i said walking out the front door and closing it behind me. as i was walking down his driveway, i heard the front door being opened. "will! did i do someth-" "i'm fine mike, just felt sick. sorry," i said. i felt bad for lying to mike, but i would feel even worse if he knew that he was the reason as to why i was feeling like this.

"right, sorry will. i hope you feel better," he said as he closed the door. maybe i shouldn't have acted the way i did, but i knew that if i didn't he wouldn't let it go. i sighed before turning back around and walking home. i was halfway home, before i realized i was crying. oh, c'mon will stop being a baby. he's just some guy, don't cry over him.

but the thing was, he wasn't just "some guy." he was mike wheeler, my best friend who i've known since i was just a young kid. younger than i am now. he made me truly happy, but truly sad at the same time. i couldn't get enough of him. i walked into the woods and into my somewhat of a castle that my mom and brother helped me build.

i went inside and sat on the bed. i checked my watch and it was 11:03 a.m. i sighed, knowing that i should go home soon. but i couldn't. i caught myself thinking of mike again. what we could've been and what we've been through together. how he was always there for me.

it was at 11:05 a.m, while i'm in the middle of the woods, inside castle byers, thinking about mike and how he had slight dimples when he smiled. the way the crinkles show up on the side of his eyes when he laughs. the way his lips move. the way his freckles are scattered over his face. the way his eyes light up when talking about something he's passionate in, that i realized i loved mike wheeler.

and i just couldn't stop myself.

-- --

ahhhh, i'm so sorry that this chapter sucked and that i haven't updated in awhile. i was enjoying break and just didn't have motivation to write, but i finished this! anyways, hope you enjoyed!